smoothies

sandra0530

Veteran
Local time
9:21 PM
DO you have any smoothie recopies that taste good and sweet but are still healthy with no sugars added?
I've tried so many different things but can't seem to get a good taste and consistency. What do you do?

Yoghurt, avocado, ground nuts and ground oats, some fruit such as blackberries, raspberries etc. I do add a touch of honey or agave nectar but you don't have to. Thin with milk. Sometimes I miss out the oats or the nuts sometimes I miss out the avocado (1/2 of one) but the avocado makes it smoother.

My go-to when it comes to smoothies is the classic mixture of bananas and strawberries. Just make sure they're both ripe and fresh, and you don't need to add anything except some ice cold milk and maybe a pinch of cinnamon.

Personally I like these two smoothie recipes, which are really healthy:

Blue and Red Berry Smoothie:
Ingredients:
1/3 cup oatmeal
5 tablespoons non-fat vanilla or plain yogurt
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
6 frozen strawberries

Instructions:
- Blend until smooth and enjoy with a straw. Serve chilled if desired.

Fruit and Apple Smoothie:
Ingredients:
2 apples, cored and chopped
1 banana
1-1/2 cup plain soymilk or low fat milk
2 teaspoons apple juice or frozen apple juice concentrate
1 scoop whey protein, vanilla or plain
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
water and ice

Instructions:
- Thoroughly blend all ingredients except for water and ice.
- Add water and ice to desired consistency. More ice yields a thicken consistency, and less ice yields a smoother consistency.

I don't have a proper recipe but my favorite smoothie mix is orange juice, mixed berries, mangoes, ice and Greek yoghurt. I call my creation a mango berry smoothie. I think the Greek yoghurt gives it a lovely smooth texture.

My favorite smoothie is a combination of strawberry, apple, mango and fresh milk..and a teaspoon of honey with crushed ice..This smoothie is always been my favorite...

I make mine with frozen bananas, frozen blackberries or blueberries , and either goat's milk or almond milk. I also often add frozen yogurt. Frequently I will just freeze plain or vanilla yogurt and usually use some dark chocolate syrup.

Back
Top Bottom