Something different for boneless, skinless, chicken breast?

Zyni

Veteran
Local time
12:11 AM
I just got a fantastic deal on boneless, skinless, chicken breast tenders, so of course, I bought quite a lot and put them in the big freezer. There lots of things to make with these, but I've already recently made a lot of chicken. Does anyone have ideas for something different? I'm looking for ideas that aren't just the typical chicken breast recipe, yet nothing too crazy. I appreciate any help.

We sometimes make our own chicken nuggets particularly when we have time in the house. Cutting up the breast and marinating in a special mix is a breeze. The breading we use is plain corn starch that blends with the marinade flavor. The kids love spicy chicken nuggets so we add Tabasco hot sauce in the dip. For a simpler recipe for the dip, we just add drops of worcestershire sauce in ketchup.

Reactions: L_B
I will be watching this post closely as I always buy skinless boneless chicken breasts. They are my favorite but I am running out of ideas on how to prepare it. Looking forward to trying some new recipes.

I got some chicken tenders and dried cranberries yesterday, and I'm thinking I can make some sort of chicken salad with them. Not the kind with mayonnaise, the kind where I cook the tenders, then maybe put them on a bed of either spinach or romaine, and top with a mix of dried cranberries, chopped walnuts, honey, mustard, feta cheese, and balsamic vinegar.

I like using chicken meat in my cooking especially the boneless and skinless kinds. I add them in my chicken soup shredded, chicken mac n cheese, chicken and chili etc. you just have to be creative about it. You can also have pulled chicken sandwiches, caesar salad etc. you can also make pretty good Indian and Greek dishes with those chicken breasts.

I just do as I well please when it comes to chicken breast. Sadly, I have never been in time to get any deals as far as I know but I like to have them around because they are easy to use. I just Googled this for the sake of it and for you Zyni, I decided to pick just one of the 50 or more I found on a single site. Here it is;
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/15641/...ferringId=659&referringContentType=recipe hub

There are so many great things you can do with boneless chicken breasts. This one recipe from Hellman's mayonnaise is quick and easy. You take parmesan cheese and mix it with Hellman's mayo, then spread it on top of the chicken breasts and top with a sprinkle of bread crumbs. Then bake for 20 minutes at 425F. It makes for a very moist chicken breast. I serve it with a hash brown casserole and steamed green beans. I also love the marinade chicken breast cut up in a Greek marinade and then put the chunks on skewers and grill, serve with rice and Greek salad. I also use boneless chicken breast in chicken soup, stir fries and chicken salad.

These are such great ideas. Am looked forward to text each of them out. Thanks even :)

This one is an absolute favorite around our house and is super simple:

http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2013/03/slow-cooker-chicken-gyros.html

My husband loves it because he was all about Greek food (we had an amazing Greek restaurant where we used to live!) but now we're nowhere near any good Greek food - so it's up to us to make our own!

Yum, this looks really good, I'm saving that, because I'm eating more chicken these days, and I also like Greek food. I might have to use one of the homemade pita recipes we've posted here on the forum and have the two together. It looks as if that site has some other good ideas, as well.

Yum, this looks really good, I'm saving that, because I'm eating more chicken these days, and I also like Greek food. I might have to use one of the homemade pita recipes we've posted here on the forum and have the two together. It looks as if that site has some other good ideas, as well.

It's one of the sites I go to most often for recipes. They've definitely got some good stuff on there! Plus I just find their recipes nice and easy to follow too, which is a bonus!

I like to use chicken breast for chicken salad for myself for the family the breast are chopped up into small pieces and fried quickly to get a crust and a little brown. I finnish cooking the chicken in the oven add some sauce and let them have fun.

Make some chicken enchiladas with them. That is my favorite thing to do with chicken when I get sick of the same old baked chicken every time. I also make a really good chicken and stuffing bake. I take a package of stuffing mix and cook it according to the box directions and then spread it along the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish. I then lay 2 raw chicken breasts on top of that. In a sauce pan I combine a can of cream of chicken soup, plus one can of water, and some chopped fresh carrots celery, and onions into a pot and heat it up. pour this mixture over the chicken and stuffing and bake in the oven for an hour. At about the 30 minute mark I like to cover my chicken and stuffing with bread crumbs.

It's one of the sites I go to most often for recipes. They've definitely got some good stuff on there! Plus I just find their recipes nice and easy to follow too, which is a bonus!

I ended up making them last night. I also cooked some plain rice and spinach to serve them with, it was really delicious. I was too tired to make the banana cranberry bread I had planned to make, but hopefully I can get around to that today.

Back
Top Bottom