Song Lyrics?

I don't understand the frogman clue or the navy clue in relation to the lyric of 'Baby Driver'.

"My daddy was a prominent frogman, My mamma's in the Naval reserve".

Yes, 40,000.

Winwood's subsequent video (if you see the same as me) with Clapton is very good.

What do mother's pills do?

If you mean mother's little helpers … then they get her through a busy day

Not quite. It's a quote from the lyrics of a song. A very well known song in my life's experience. '67 I think.

Not quite. It's a quote from the lyrics of a song. A very well known song in my life's experience. '67 I think.

Not quite? well, I shall keep thinking about it ...

One for you (and don't google it) .. where is the work never done but there's always something new ?

similar vintage - 66 or 67... I saw the writer of this song in concert with both Dusty Springfield and Jimi Hendrix (on his first British concert tour)

Not quite? well, I shall keep thinking about it ...

One for you (and don't google it) .. where is the work never done but there's always something new ?

similar vintage - 66 or 67... I saw the writer of this song in concert with both Dusty Springfield and Jimi Hendrix (on his first British concert tour)

Sounds like "Matthew and Son".

If it is, I'll relate a story about '67 and my time on my first big job.

Sounds like "Matthew and Son".

If it is, I'll relate a story about '67 and my time on my first big job.
I just walked away from the keyboard singing "and the pills that mother gives you don't do anything at all"

That'd be Grace's "White Rabbit"

Yes it is.

Going back to my first big job, I was assisting in surveying a major site we had at Gamble Hill in Leeds with two engineers from Head Office in Nottingham.

The lyrics were something like:

"Simms Sons and Cooke, we don't give a ****, we're never ever there. We start at eight but we're always late, for Simms Sons and Cooke, cause they can wait. There's a two hour break which we always take for a pint of cool bitter and a 'T' bone steak!"

Funny what you remember after 50 years.

Another from the 60s (which few of us remember):

One, two, three, four.............................?

Back
Top Bottom