Song Lyrics?

Discussion in 'The CookingBites Cafe' started by Yorky, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Yorky

Yorky Uncomfortably numb

First track of their first album.

2. Wandering Bob

Wandering Bob Senior Member

Talking of "Bike", I was on my bike for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon (fighting the wind a lot of the time) and I had some ideas for this thread. Unfortunately I didn't write them down and after a couple of hours of dealing with domestic stuff as soon as I'd got home, I realised that I'd forgotten them.

Here's one - but it might be too obscure - who was told to drive the train carefully?

I lost interest in what you might call mainstream pop/rock around 1970, and my musical taste became quite esoteric, in a constant search for something 'different'. If I do offer anything else in this thread, I fear it'll be either too easy (like 'Gerald') or way too obscure.

Mais, on verra (as they say around here)

3. Yorky

Yorky Uncomfortably numb

I can remember Jethro Tull having problems with a runaway train. An unfortunate track for playing in the car. It encourages faster and faster........

4. Wandering Bob

Not who I had in mind. The track I was referring to is by a US (West Coast) band on an album released in 1970.

5. Yorky

Yorky Uncomfortably numb

I generally stick to mainstream artists such as Kevin Coyne (R.I.P.), Edgar Broughton, Heavy Jelly, Leon Redbone, Laura Nyro (R.I.P.) and Miranda Sex Garden, etc.

6. Yorky

Yorky Uncomfortably numb

So, West Coast - Are we talking Eagles, Jefferson Airplane or Grateful Dead? Not CSN & Y I don't think. I think Love was west coast also.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  7. Wandering Bob

Specifically San Francisco (Love were an LA band) … and yes, it's one of the three that you mentioned above

8. Yorky

Yorky Uncomfortably numb

Casey Jones then? I've not really spent time with Grateful Dead.

9. Wandering Bob

Yes, very good. From the "Workingman's Dead" album. A song once heard, never forgotten.

10. Yorky

Yorky Uncomfortably numb

This may be recognisable:

At what speed did the old man hit the A1?

11. Wandering Bob

Nope … nothing suggested by that. I can only think of two tracks that have a reference to the M1, and none that refer to the A1 (or the Great North road).

Perhaps someone else has an idea? If not, then a further clue would be helpful

12. Karen W

Karen W Senior Member

Jethro Tull. Takes me back. Still vaguely remember the pic on the Aqualung (?) album, & Leon Russell's album cover. Love the 60s & 70s music, but some of the lyrics still have me scratching my head. i.e. She came in through the bathroom window. Protected by a silver spoon. Or, Golden Slumbers/Carry that weight. Still, the best music ever - even if it didn't make any sense, & don't live in a yellow submarine. Lol

Wandering Bob likes this.
  13. Yorky

Yorky Uncomfortably numb

It was an old man on a motorcycle (but he was too young to die).

14. Yorky

Yorky Uncomfortably numb

15. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

Is it time for a new one? I lost track (sorry for pun).

Are we still on the 'old man on a motorbike' clue?