Song Lyrics?

Talking of "Bike", I was on my bike for a couple of hours yesterday afternoon (fighting the wind a lot of the time) and I had some ideas for this thread. Unfortunately I didn't write them down and after a couple of hours of dealing with domestic stuff as soon as I'd got home, I realised that I'd forgotten them.

Here's one - but it might be too obscure - who was told to drive the train carefully?

I lost interest in what you might call mainstream pop/rock around 1970, and my musical taste became quite esoteric, in a constant search for something 'different'. If I do offer anything else in this thread, I fear it'll be either too easy (like 'Gerald') or way too obscure.

Mais, on verra (as they say around here)

Here's one - but it might be too obscure - who was told to drive the train carefully?

I can remember Jethro Tull having problems with a runaway train. An unfortunate track for playing in the car. It encourages faster and faster........

If I do offer anything else in this thread, I fear it'll be either too easy (like 'Gerald') or way too obscure.

I generally stick to mainstream artists such as Kevin Coyne (R.I.P.), Edgar Broughton, Heavy Jelly, Leon Redbone, Laura Nyro (R.I.P.) and Miranda Sex Garden, etc.

Not who I had in mind. The track I was referring to is by a US (West Coast) band on an album released in 1970.

So, West Coast - Are we talking Eagles, Jefferson Airplane or Grateful Dead? Not CSN & Y I don't think. I think Love was west coast also.

Last edited:
So, West Coast - Are we talking Eagles, Jefferson Airplane or Grateful Dead? Not CSN & Y I don't think. I think Love was west coast also.

Specifically San Francisco (Love were an LA band) … and yes, it's one of the three that you mentioned above

Specifically San Francisco (Love were an LA band) … and yes, it's one of the three that you mentioned above

Casey Jones then? I've not really spent time with Grateful Dead.

This may be recognisable:

At what speed did the old man hit the A1?

This may be recognisable:

At what speed did the old man hit the A1?

Nope … nothing suggested by that. I can only think of two tracks that have a reference to the M1, and none that refer to the A1 (or the Great North road).

Perhaps someone else has an idea? If not, then a further clue would be helpful

I can remember Jethro Tull having problems with a runaway train. An unfortunate track for playing in the car. It encourages faster and faster........

Jethro Tull. Takes me back. Still vaguely remember the pic on the Aqualung (?) album, & Leon Russell's album cover. Love the 60s & 70s music, but some of the lyrics still have me scratching my head. i.e. She came in through the bathroom window. Protected by a silver spoon. Or, Golden Slumbers/Carry that weight. Still, the best music ever - even if it didn't make any sense, & don't live in a yellow submarine. Lol

Nope … nothing suggested by that. I can only think of two tracks that have a reference to the M1, and none that refer to the A1 (or the Great North road).

Perhaps someone else has an idea? If not, then a further clue would be helpful

It was an old man on a motorcycle (but he was too young to die).

Back
Top Bottom