Sous vide equipment recommendations

I had to look up what an exacto knife is (what we call a craft knife) and that is impressive as you must have had to score along precisely the same line more than once or be able to apply a lot of pressure and still control the knife!

No, I did it with a slow, gentle sawing motion, in one step. No scoring. But, keep in mind, I had been using one of those knives for 30-plus years, so it was no big deal for me.

CD

Hmm I can’t recall ever improving at anything after contact with tequila but then I may have fallen foul of the one shot rule 😆

Honestly, you don't need a lid. If you want to keep some of the heat in, you can wrap the top of your pot/container with a kitchen towel. But, sous vide will work just fine without a lid of any kind. A circulator and a stock pot is all you really need. The Anova some of us use is a good one, and it won't break your budget.

CD

The one I bought is no longer available. Just search for "sous vide lid" and the brand name of whatever device you buy. My lid fits tightly around the Anova and there is no evaporation loss.

I tried the foil and towel method a couple of times after I bought the Anova; thus buying the lid.

Back
Top Bottom