Recipe Spicy Roast Chicken (Creole Style)

Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
1:38 AM
Ingredients.

400 gm Chicken breast, skinned and cut into bite size pieces.
2 tsp Paprika
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Oregano, dried
1 tsp Cayenne pepper
1 tsp Freshly ground black pepper
2 tblsp Olive oil.

Method

Place the chicken in a bowl and pour over the olive oil.

Mix all the spices together and then sprinkle half over the oiled chicken.

Mix well the sprinkle over the remaining spices and mix in thoroughly.

Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or more.

Preheat the oven to 220 deg C and roast the chicken for 40 minutes turning once.

creole chicken 6 s.jpg

creole chicken 7 s.jpg

The recipe upon which it was based included garlic powder and onion powder which I don't have. Given a little more time I could have found a way to substitute real garlic and real onion. However, it turned out OK anyway.

Oh, and I cooked it in the halogen (20 minutes at 200 degC for both the potatoes and chicken. The times in the recipe I understand are good for a normal oven.

The recipe upon which it was based included garlic powder and onion powder which I don't have. Given a little more time I could have found a way to substitute real garlic and real onion. However, it turned out OK anyway.

I still have 50% of the spice mixture left (I only cooked 220 gms of chicken) so next time I think I'll make a paste with that mixture, pureed onion, pureed garlic and olive oil (a little of each). Rub it on the chicken and marinate for 30 minutes? Worth a try I think.

Good Idea. I much prefer using fresh garlic and onion instead of powder.

OK, I've given it a go.

One small red onion pureed with 5 cloves of garlic to which I added the remainder of the spice mixture. Mixed the lot with a little olive oil into the chicken pieces and banged it in the fridge for tomorrow.

It has two chances.

creole chicken 8 s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom