Recipe Spinach and Orzo Salad

cookieee

Local time
6:29 PM
First made this a little over 7 years ago for my DH on Father's Day. We thought it was Very Good!!! Hope you do also.

Spinach and Orzo Salad
serves 4

1 cup Orzo pasta
3 TB. olive oil
3 TB. red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 qt. lightly packed baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
1/4 cup slivered dried tomatoes packed in oil
12 pitted kalamata olives, sliced

Cook Orzo according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, oregano, basil, salt and pepper and set aside.

Drain pasta, rinse with water until cool, and drain again. Add to bowl with dressing and gently mix in spinach, tomatoes, and olives to combine.

Source: Sunset-May, 2010 - CLBB Beachside

Now - I was thinking about the current Dish of the Month (Pasta Salad) and wondering which pasta shapes would work best. My first choice was orzo! This may be because I'm yet to be convinced by pasta salads and orzo is pasta pretending to be rice...:happy:

I may make and photograph this when I get back home (staying with a friend at the moment).

That would be nice. Thank you.
Now - I was thinking about the current Dish of the Month (Pasta Salad) and wondering which pasta shapes would work best. My first choice was orzo! This may be because I'm yet to be convinced by pasta salads and orzo is pasta pretending to be rice...:happy:
You know what they say, "great minds think alike". lol

Back
Top Bottom