Recipe Spinach swiss roll

RevoPT

Local time
8:45 PM
Not sure if this is the right section, but here its goes. Very simple to make swiss roll. You can also substitute the cream cheese with Salmon.

fullsizeoutput_3095.jpeg

Ingredients:
  • 600g of spinach
  • 200g of cream cheese
  • 2-3 garlic clove
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 tablespoon of flour
  • 2 tablespoon of capers
  • 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
  • Olive oil
  • Salt
  • Pepper
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 180ºC
  2. Add a string of olive oil in a pan and heat it to medium-high. Add the garlic cloves, when they turn brown, add the spinach, letting it saute.
  3. When finished drain the spinach in a sieve.
  4. Meanwhile separate the egg yolk from the egg white. After that put 2 egg yolk, the spinach, the nutmeg, the salt and pepper in a blender and blend.
  5. Whisk the egg whites until stiff and add to the misture that was blended, adding also 2 tablespoon of flour.
  6. Put the misture in a rectangular form, covered with parchment paper and put in the oven for 8 to 10min.
  7. After its finished cooking, take it out from the oven and let it cool down a bit. Spread the cream cheese and capers on the sponge and roll it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You think this is easy? I'm not sure - its technically quite tricky to cook a delicate sponge and roll it. I like the concept though and the result is light and pretty

N.B. I note this is not your own image - it appears on https://canelachic.com/2015/09/15/torta-de-espinafres-e-salmao/ and several other websites. I am not sure if the recipe is your own. You weren't to know this but we expect images and recipes to be credited if they are not your own. :okay:

I have a image from my own but I don't know how to put it from my drive to here. It only asks for url.

OK - to upload a file from your drive, click on 'upload file' (bottom right of the message window). Then navigate to the file you want to upload.

Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 19.07.04.png

I can't edit this post is it because it passed too much time?

I can't edit this post is it because it passed too much time?
Yes - when you have been a member for longer you will be able to edit your posts. If you want to upload an image as a new post in this thread then I can replace it for you.

I've added your photo to the recipe. :okay: You say that salmon can be added but I prefer the recipe without salmon (mainly as I'm not keen on salmon). It must be a lovely light dish.

I suspect this might be really good with crab, fresh or canned, even albacore or ahi tuna.
And youre right MG, the sponge would take a little practice like a duxelle,
and adjustments. But its always edible. :)

Back
Top Bottom