Ingredients:
1 Cup of Lentil Sprouts
or 1 Cup of Peasant Mix
and/or 1/4 - 1/2 Cup Onion Sprouts
and/or 1/2 cup of Sunflower Greens
Eggs with whatever else you like to put in them:
Peppers, Tomatoes, Cheese, etc.

Preparation:
Prepare an omelette and fill with sprouts or scramble your eggs with the sprouts.
Cook the sprouts as little as possible - they're more nutritious that way.
Serve with some Sprouted Whole Wheat Bread and butter.

Notes: Lentils?
Yes! Lentils are exceptional sprouts - they go in stir frys, soups, salads and in sandwiches (they don't roll off since they're flat) and they are fantastic with eggs. Try it - you'll like it.

https://sproutpeople.org/sprout-recipes/sprout-omelette/

Last edited by a moderator:
He springs a sprout omelette on me. I have to confess. I love it without even reading the preparation process.
To me it sounds dubious. What on earth is Peasant mix! And have you actually sprouted anything, @classic33 ? I may have a go at sprouting some lentils. Why not? I have jars of them lying about the place doing nothing.
'They don't roll off since they're flat'
:eek:. What does that mean, flat lentil sprouts....? Do non-flat sprouting seeds fall off? Fall off what?

I hope you can answer all my questions @classic33 . :D

To me it sounds dubious. What on earth is Peasant mix! And have you actually sprouted anything, @classic33 ? I may have a go at sprouting some lentils. Why not? I have jars of them lying about the place doing nothing. :eek:. What does that mean, flat lentil sprouts....? Do non-flat sprouting seeds fall off? Fall off what?

I hope you can answer all my questions @classic33 . :D
Peasant mix!: Peasant Mix Lentil Sprouts
Sweet and very mildly peppery, crunchy little things that do great with sweet or savory dressings, or cooked as soup. Variety of sprout/lentil.
And have you actually sprouted anything, @classic33 ?: One or two things, nothing in this though.
What does that mean, flat lentil sprouts....: They're not round
Do non-flat sprouting seeds fall off? : They might roll off.
Fall off what?: Whatever you place them on. In this case, an omelette.

Peasant mix!: Peasant Mix Lentil Sprouts
Sweet and very mildly peppery, crunchy little things that do great with sweet or savory dressings, or cooked as soup. Variety of sprout/lentil.
And have you actually sprouted anything, @classic33 ?: One or two things, nothing in this though.
What does that mean, flat lentil sprouts....: They're not round
Do non-flat sprouting seeds fall off? : They might roll off.
Fall off what?: Whatever you place them on. In this case, an omelette.

OK. What else can I possibly say? :sleep:

This looks like a good breakfast meal to me. After eating something like this for breakfast, I may not want anything else, except for a hot beverage to go along with it. It is something that could be used for lunch too, actually. I like lentils too, and seeing that tomatoes and cheese form part of the ingredients, make the recipe seem even more interesting.

It looks really good and sounds like it would be a nice nutritious yet light breakfast. I would try it. With a nice coffee it would be perfect.

To me it sounds dubious. What on earth is Peasant mix! And have you actually sprouted anything, @classic33 ? I may have a go at sprouting some lentils. Why not? I have jars of them lying about the place doing nothing.

peasant.2day.cu.jpg

These apparently are peasant mix. Now here is where we differ Morning Glory. I see a recipe from Classic and I love or hate it often just seeing the image. Once I revisit it and have collected my thoughts, I often realise it's nothing I can actually try and if it happens to be something I can try, it usually would be my version.
I am grateful to have you around though Morning Glory. Were it not for you he would 'get away with murder' as we say around here.

Last edited:
peasant.2day.cu.jpg
These apparently are peasant mix, Now here is where we differ Morning Glory. I see a recipe from Classic and I love or hate it often just seeing the image. Once I revisit it after I have collected my thoughts, I often realise it's nothing I can actually try and if it happens to be something I can try, it usually would be my version.
I am grateful to have you around though Morning Glory. Were it not for you he would 'get away with murder' as we say around here.
You don't like it now?

Back
Top Bottom