Stainless steel cookware: Le Creuset vs Mauviel

Ajwheatley96

Local time
10:29 AM
I'm looking into both manufacturers and cannot decide which would be the better purchase.

I'm aware that the stainless steel cookware from Le Creuset is actually manufactured in Portugal, but regardless, there are other factors at play, such as the different thicknesses of each and how they are to use day to day.

Can anyone share their experiences with either brand?

I should add, I've found its very difficult to find first hand reviews of Mauviel stainless steel as most articles and reviews focus on their copper cookware.

(I should add that im from the UK so All-Clad is not in option)

Many Thanks in advance!

Thanks! I will definitely check out Borough Kitchen as i'd never heard of them :)

I hope you find what you want. I also hope you choose to stay on this forum as you sound like a serious cook, being interested in such cookware! If you have a moment hop over to New to CookingBites? and briefly say a few words about your cooking interests. We aim to be a friendly and supportive community for keen cooks and we love new members. :okay:

Ajwheatley96 - you will get an idea of my budget level stainless steel here. :D I bought this pan from a charity shop for literally a few pounds - its Stellar which is a good brand. The shellfish stock is delicious by the way!

I'm not familiar with Mauviel, but the Le Creuset Outlet near me carries the full range of their stainless. I didn't think it compared well to All-Clad, which is most of my own try-ply stainless. I don't have any copper core.

I love my Le Creuset cast iron. I'm sure their stainless is good quality, but it just didn't impress me over what I have.

CD

Back
Top Bottom