Starting my weight loss journey today...

:okay: It will be fine. Purchasing the scales will spur the weight loss! I'm struggling myself and haven't got scales. But I know I'm about a stone and a half overweight. My problem is alcohol - which piles on the pounds. :( :drink::cheers: :stop:
I failed totally on buying a set of scales but I did buy a car and the weekly shopping. Not sure it counts, but the bank account has lost a lot of weight! :D

We no longer own scales after our cat vomited on our last pair which were thrown away. I don't like to use them as if not careful then it can become an issue. We had some new ones delivered to work and folks have been trying them out. My colleague was shocked to discover she is 10 stone, not that it is a problem in any way no no she is fine with that. No actually she isn't, she doesn't eat properly and smokes to stay thin so she is 1 person who should stay away.

On Monday I went for my 1st run in a long long time, I then went again on wednesday. I wanted to go yesterday afternoon but the rain was too heavy. I have had no alcohol or snack/naughties since last weekend and I am also walking to work again as well as home so I am definitely going forward not backwards.

It isn't easy but we can do this :okay:

So far this week I didn't get chance to go out for a run due to the dreadful heavy rain however I did go out this morning and really pushed myself, my legs hurt like hell but that is how to be achieve. No alcohol for over 2 weeks and snacking is virtually zero. I am walking to work everyday, 20 mins a day so I am slowly chipping away at the lard.

How is everyone else doing?

Well, I have finally managed to come ' home ' with a set of scales having collected my new (5yr old) SUV. At some point over the next week I might pick up the courage to see how much weight I have put on in the last 6-7 weeks since we moved out to Australia.

I would never say no carbs, but cutting down on them is a good idea. Switch carbs like potatoes for sweet potato, rice for quinoa and bulgar wheat,bread for rye bread ect..

oooo, and the squat challenge! Some start off with 50 straight off the bat.....But its murder if you have never really had a squat routine in the beginning, so here is a better one. IT WORKS MAGIC. Especially if you keep your stomach sucked in while you do them!

SQUAT-CHALLENGE-AUGUST.png

Right, picked up the courage to stand on the scales again after rather a long time.

Done better than expected given the food and meals or I have been living off recently, having moved house 4 times in the last 6-7 weeks and I've got another one to go yet in a weeks time.

I now weigh 63.9kg. I was 78kg at the beginning of the year when I started this diet. That finally puts my bmi back into the healthy range :dance:

I'm aiming for a max of 60kg and I guess something like 57 kg realistically to get back to where I was before my back went, clothes size wise. I actually weighed 63kg when my back went, but I'm still 2 clothes sizes bigger than I was then, so given my aim was to get back into those clothes, I have some more work to do yet.

Anyone else still dieting? I am but it is hard at the moment because I'm so very tired. My OH doesn't see that i work non-stop from when he leaves at 7am till around 6pm when i sit down for our evening meal (still have to get up and deal with the fire every hour though). Saturday's are food shopping day (100km round trip), then afternoon is still sorting house or garden, plus Sunday is garden or sorting house... Then it starts again.

I'll be glad when we have the house straight. Then I'll only have the cleaning, cooking and garden to deal with!

Anyone else still dieting? I am but it is hard at the moment because I'm so very tired. My OH doesn't see that i work non-stop from when he leaves at 7am till around 6pm when i sit down for our evening meal (still have to get up and deal with the fire every hour though). Saturday's are food shopping day (100km round trip), then afternoon is still sorting house or garden, plus Sunday is garden or sorting house... Then it starts again.

I'll be glad when we have the house straight. Then I'll only have the cleaning, cooking and garden to deal with!

No, I gave up whilst on holiday and struggling to find motivation to get back into it.

No, I gave up whilst on holiday and struggling to find motivation to get back into it.
I know the feeling.

Saturday has now gain the addition of going to the people's home at 10am which means given they are then following is here for lunch, that we will have to be up at and out by 7:30am in order not to run the risk of being late and
Sunday has gained the ' we need to help xyz and abc out ' between 10am and midday with a BBQ afterwards as well as being back here in time to get the chooks.

I think I look forward to the quiet weekdays where I only have to deal with everything else!

Dieting seems positively easy by comparison! So why...

On today's list of jobs
  • Fix chimney so smoke doesn't come into bedroom through it
  • Chop more wood
  • Log run for open fire and stove (stove in separate building),
  • Prepare evening meal and get into pizza oven (needs an oven and ours is still out of action)
  • Continue cleaning oven
  • Clean sun room when it gets warm enough in the to dry
  • Clean carpet in sun room when....
  • Veg plot
  • Chook house needs a hole or two looking at
  • Guttering needs clearing of debris
Do i really need to diet I ask myself?

I know the feeling.

Saturday has now gain the addition of going to the people's home at 10am which means given they are then following is here for lunch, that we will have to be up at and out by 7:30am in order not to run the risk of being late and
Sunday has gained the ' we need to help xyz and abc out ' between 10am and midday with a BBQ afterwards as well as being back here in time to get the chooks.

I think I look forward to the quiet weekdays where I only have to deal with everything else!

Dieting seems positively easy by comparison! So why...

On today's list of jobs
  • Fix chimney so smoke doesn't come into bedroom through it
  • Chop more wood
  • Log run for open fire and stove (stove in separate building),
  • Prepare evening meal and get into pizza oven (needs an oven and ours is still out of action)
  • Continue cleaning oven
  • Clean sun room when it gets warm enough in the to dry
  • Clean carpet in sun room when....
  • Veg plot
  • Chook house needs a hole or two looking at
  • Guttering needs clearing of debris
Do i really need to diet I ask myself?

To be honest I have been very lazy lately. Running stopped when we had the really hot weather, we did very little on holiday so feeling very sluggish and need motivation. We are going to Howarth tomorrow evening to a concert-Wilko Johnson- and staying at a hotel overnight. Saturday we are looking to go for a long walk but the weather forecast isn't looking too good so we may go to Chatsworth House instead, driven past it many times but never actually been in.

People usually think that weight loss is associated with strict diets and punishing yourself; but that's not the case. You need to do it right. Follow tjhe important guidelines like having a heavy breakfast, have fruits for dinner and cut down on having sweets and deserts. Don't deprive yourself of anything, have desserts once a week. This will make your mind feel that you are eating everything you like and it will also help you in reducing weight.

I'm having to watch my weight really carefully right now after my fall last week. I did myself a nasty and as well as taking a large lump out of skin (roughly 5cm by 2.5cm is now forming scar tissue) of my knee, yesterday I found out that I have broken (not cracked) at least 4 ribs. I find out more later today (hopefully).

This means that I can't afford to restrict calories right now, but I also can't afford to put weight back on (as I have this last month from not being very careful due to exhaustion).
I need to get plenty of protein, plenty of bone healing minerals and plenty of sunshine (the latter isn't an issue right now). But I have to do it all without putting weight on at all, and ideally loosing it. Luckily I have an above average bone density in all but my left femur (my last bone scan was in December). But there is a complication or two. I also need a very high fibre content due to the increased dose of morphine I'm taking and on top of that, I don't actually want to eat anything. Physically my body is saying no. It's not a side effect of the morphine or anything like that, I am just off solid food, neither me or my body is interested in food right now which is not good news for healing! breakfast this morning would usually have been porridge, but that is too heavy on my stomach. I ended up having a very small bowl of raspberry polenta porridge, so a very thin version and 2 almond milk lattes (the almond milk is fortified so that will help). Last night was 2 small pieces of omelette.

On top of that, I am on enforced rest and housebound again. I can't even lift the kettle because I have broken ribs on both sides of my body.

I'm having to watch my weight really carefully right now after my fall last week. I did myself a nasty and as well as taking a large lump out of skin (roughly 5cm by 2.5cm is now forming scar tissue) of my knee, yesterday I found out that I have broken (not cracked) at least 4 ribs. I find out more later today (hopefully).

This means that I can't afford to restrict calories right now, but I also can't afford to put weight back on (as I have this last month from not being very careful due to exhaustion).
I need to get plenty of protein, plenty of bone healing minerals and plenty of sunshine (the latter isn't an issue right now). But I have to do it all without putting weight on at all, and ideally loosing it. Luckily I have an above average bone density in all but my left femur (my last bone scan was in December). But there is a complication or two. I also need a very high fibre content due to the increased dose of morphine I'm taking and on top of that, I don't actually want to eat anything. Physically my body is saying no. It's not a side effect of the morphine or anything like that, I am just off solid food, neither me or my body is interested in food right now which is not good news for healing! breakfast this morning would usually have been porridge, but that is too heavy on my stomach. I ended up having a very small bowl of raspberry polenta porridge, so a very thin version and 2 almond milk lattes (the almond milk is fortified so that will help). Last night was 2 small pieces of omelette.

On top of that, I am on enforced rest and housebound again. I can't even lift the kettle because I have broken ribs on both sides of my body.
I reckon if your body says no to food then you should go with it. It won't hurt for few days and you can make up for it when your appetite returns. :D

I reckon if your body says no to food then you should go with it. It won't hurt for few days and you can make up for it when your appetite returns. :D
yep - just sticking with 'liquid' style foods at the moment, so polenta porridge for breakfast. Lunch will be the raw chocolate ice cream we were given yesterday (we called into a 'local' shop to pick up some dairy free ice cream because it is the only place that sells any locally) and found that they had closed for a week for renovation works. My OH explained the situation (I was in the car) and they gave him an open container of the raw chocolate ice cream (by CoYo) for me - they had been using it for samples prior to closing! wasn't that great of them!) and custard when I want a snack which is about all I fancy other than hot almond milk and other drinks. Hot lemon & honey, hot lime and maple syrup, hot cinnamon tea (literally some broken cinnamon sticks in hot water and left) and water are about all that appeals at the moment. Odd combinations I know but even my usual dried chickpeas or tamari almonds are not appealing to me or wanting to be swallowed after munching a couple which is really odd... I'm at a loose end and its showing!

Back
Top Bottom