Steaming food

Corzhens

Veteran
Local time
1:19 AM
A friend is into steaming diet. That means she eats mostly steamed vegetables, sea food, and even meat. And when she steams, there's no seasoning or spices of any kind although she admits that sometimes she sprinkles powdered pepper to control the fishy taste of fish.

I can stand steamed vegetables but I need butter for flavoring particularly broccoli and asparagus. But with chicken, I would be needing ginger or lemon grass for flavoring of the bland taste of steamed meat.

I would not be carry about the steamed meat. It would be too tasteless for me. I would have to have some kind of spices to give it any flavour. I like steam veggies but I do add a bit of butter to them. I guess to each their own but it is definitely not something that I would be wanting to do on a daily basis.

We should also be having fats to give us energy and salt to meet our sodium needs for our body. But it should be in the right quantity or in moderation only. Our doctor said that we should not be totally be avoiding fats, salt and sugar in our diet and all should be well balance. I do not know if what are the good benefits of a steaming diet to our body.

I love steamed veggies. They don't need any extra flavor either. You can also add them into pastas or rice and they're delicious.

I generally on steam some veggies and depending on my mood I might spice them up after with whatever comes to mind or something or attempt to recreate something I have had while out. I hardly ever steam meat but I know I'd definitely add some seasonings. It would be a major accomplishment to steam meat or fish and eat it just like that. Recently a young lady told me she was doing this and I wanted to give her a medal.

I generally on steam some veggies and depending on my mood I might spice them up after with whatever comes to mind or something or attempt to recreate something I have had while out. I hardly ever steam meat but I know I'd definitely add some seasonings. It would be a major accomplishment to steam meat or fish and eat it just like that. Recently a young lady told me she was doing this and I wanted to give her a medal.
I think the real awards for bravery and dedication should go to those who can stick to a completely raw food diet. No cooked foods whatsoever!

A steamed vegetable would almost always taste bland so I would always have something ready like a side dish or a dip. I guess your friend should be bored by now eating steamed meat and vegetables that do not taste good. I eat for the enjoyment of it as well as to nourish my body.

Back
Top Bottom