"Stone" Woks

Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
11:33 PM
Following on from @Shermie 's thread on pot sizes, we bought this wok today which is "nano silver mable coated" (I think that should be marble). We had a choice of granite or mable and I, having no knowledge of these fancy new things, opted for the mable (the difference in price was minimal).

Does anyone else use these types of wok and if so, did I make the correct choice?

cuizimate 280 wok s.jpg

I think the coating is the same as a type of frying pan which not long ago was advertised quite a lot in the UK. I've not got one though. It will be interesting to see if its as nonstick as the claims in the adverts.

Oddly enough, I don't have a wok of any kind. I've been thinking about it. Stone?

I couldn't manage without my woks now. We have one massive aluminium one (15" dia) in which you can use metal tools.Then there's one that virtually all the Teflon coating has been scratched off (MiL) which we now use for semi-deep fry. Then there's the multi purpose one that my wife always uses. Then there's my wok which came with a lid (which was rare here some time ago). Then there's the new one. And if you count my 6" diameter egg cooker as a wok, we now have six.

I couldn't manage without my woks now. We have one massive aluminium one (15" dia) in which you can use metal tools.Then there's one that virtually all the Teflon coating has been scratched off (MiL) which we now use for semi-deep fry. Then there's the multi purpose one that my wife always uses. Then there's my wok which came with a lid (which was rare here some time ago). Then there's the new one. And if you count my 6" diameter egg cooker as a wok, we now have six.

I don't have any.:ohmy: I just either use a Chef's pan or a non-stick frying pan.

I think we have four frying pans. My deep Meyer with a lid (mainly for curry), the steel one for rotis/naans, a general purpose one for other things and the cast iron one for dry frying.

I could not locate this image yesterday. Came across it this morning.

My egg "wok".

Unfortunately it's only adequate for one duck egg at a time. Two would overload it and not cook them satisfactorily.

What I see missing from all these wok photos are the two utensils used to toss the ingredients for a wok meal about to get them cooked and fried on all sides. These are as what I have seen, 2 long deals that allow keeping distant from spattering oils while letting the chef kick things about. Aren't these utensils part of the whole wok business?

Back
Top Bottom