Storage Containers.

Oh I rearranged the herbs and spices again. They are now in a file cabinet. That makes it easier to find the one I need without moving a dozen bottles.

What do you mean by a file cabinet? Like this? Surely not...

mini_businesscard_filecabinet.jpg

Does anyone remember this sketch?
Search YouTube for 'monty python storage jars'
Perhaps someone with better computer skills than me could post an actual link

If ypy ever had seed moths (pantry moths), you'll do your best to use really tightly sealed storage containers. The little bastards are incredibly invasive and can ruin a whole pantry in just a few weeks.

We have parrots, so we buy a lot of seed mixes that unfortunately can carry the moths.

I've learned to use a type of container called a lock-n-lock. It os a platic container with a lid that has a recessed soft grommet, and latching tabs on 4 sides. They are so well fitting that they seem to keep food in the fridge several days longer than ypu would expect leftovers to last, as well as keeping moths and other critters out of the dry foodstuffs.

In the old apartment, I had the small moths that multiplied horribly, and they would get into EVERYTHING!! Even with the Oxo containers, they couldn't keep them out!!

I had the place inspected by the housing inspector, and with those pests, plus mice & squirrels, he determined that the apt was suffering from infestation!
But since I bought THESE containers, I've stopped that from happening here, and there are no moths here anyway! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom