Recipe Strawberry Breakfast Crepes

blades

Local time
7:02 PM
strawcrepe2.jpg

If your sweet tooth calls in the morning, this delicious crepe should get the job done for you. Basically it is crepe filled with what would be a strawberry compote if it were cooked but I prefer it raw.

Ingredients
2 cups AP or pastry flour
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups milk

2 cups quartered strawberries
3 tbsp confectioner's sugar
3 tbsp sour cream
juice of 1/2 a lemon
maple syrup to serve

Instructions

Start with the filling. Put the strawberries, sugar, sour cream, lemon juice in a bowl and mix. Set aside. If you are familiar with cooking crepes you can proceed with cooking them. If not read on. Mix flour, eggs and milk in a bowl for the batter. I often add a 1/2 tsp of nutmeg to the batter. Not necessary. Lightly oil a crepe pan or large skillet and heat it. I put about a tbsp of cooking oil in it and then mop up most of it with paper towel after the pan is at temperature. Put a ladle full of batter in the center of the pan and tilt the pan in all directions until the batter has covered the entire bottom of the pan. Cook for a about 30 or 40 seconds. Turn the crepe over and cook the other side for 30 or 40 seconds. Place the finished crepe on a plate. spoon 1/4 of the filling in a strip from side to side at the center and roll up the crepe. Sprinkle some of the powdered sugar on top and perhaps a piece of strawberry as I have done here. Serve with maple syrup. Makes 4 large crepes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom