Street food

Well in the US they have a variety of food trucks and you can get just about every food under the sun. Most common are probably hot dogs or sausages with a variety of toppings. Large pretzels are sold everywhere. In New York there is fallafel sold everywhere. However, some of the food trucks sell Mexican cuisine.. Sometimes suprisingly advanced cuisines are sold out of food trucks. You can tell, as they are the ones that have the long lines...lol.

View attachment 1316
These are BeaverTails. The BeaverTails pastry is a fried dough pastry topped with a choice of sweet condiments, such as whipped cream, banana slices, crumbled oreos, and Nutella.
My mother came back from a trip to Canada raving about Beaver Tails. I will have to try one the next time I go to Canada. I did have poutine...I had it at a trhoughway stop in Toronto, It was probably not the best place to get it..but I thiought it was quite tasty. Since that time,,it has caught on a bit in the United States. I think some restaurants serve it now.

One of the fairs I really like in our area is Adams Morgan Day. Adams Morgan is an area of town with just about every ethnic population represented there. All kinds of food is there you just have to decide what you want to eat. I like to get latin and filipino food. Lots of good food.

Egg Bread

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSYbKP197gJxjPdNeKxjBoTqS7tDmMqB7vxa9dkeRQ78fYfE5Qpw.jpg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRH_sSd-7YYEU1rDqBjN2aigkWr_bX66et9-uis2mYZxElzc2OpFA.jpg

Fish Cake

upload_2015-12-28_16-52-16.jpeg
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSaxepHJc9mU71qIHIbUFoVlM_mEJ_wYXDi2IwYrPxOVkhxo7d36Q.jpg

This is the kind of street foods that I like here in our country...

I would say a good majority of the "street food" we see in my neck of the woods at local fairs and festivals during the summer months would be mostly Italian stuff. One newer item which gaining a little popularity are sausage stuffed hot pepper sandwiches. They basically make a filling with hot or sweet sausage mix (or just use the sausage by itself) and stuff it into some Hungarian hot wax peppers, top them with sauce, and slow roast them. The stuffed peppers are then piled onto a roll or some thick crusty bread and topped with Parmesan/Romano cheese. It's basically like making a sandwich out of leftover meatloaf, or stuffed cabbage, or stuffed peppers, only with a bit more of a kick.

Of course I'm a sucker for fresh cut french fries, especially when they are cooked in peanut oil, and topped with some salt and vinegar. I also keep an eye out for home made cavatelli and meatballs, as well as "elephant ears".

Popular street food around here are Pogos (Corn dogs)
View attachment 1305
Donairs (best food ever)
View attachment 1306

poutine
View attachment 1307

and beavertails
From the food you are describing I'm going to say you are in Canada. Beavertails are the best. Grew up eating them and every time we go for a skate on the Rideau Canal we make sure to buy them for our kids. In case you have never had the pleasure of a Beavertail it is deep fried pastry that is shaped like a beaver's tail and then covered with sugar and cinnamon or you can get other toppings like garlic butter and cheese, or nutella. They are out of this world delicious.

Back
Top Bottom