Suggestions for March 'dish of the month'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
3:37 PM
The new feature 'CookingBites Dish of the Month' (Frittata) has been going great guns with lots of members joining in and some gorgeous looking frittatas. There are still 2 days to go but I thought we ought to line up a dish for March.

The idea is that each month we choose a different and accessible dish so that hopefully most of us can join in. So ideas please? Dishes which can be made as vegetarian are preferred.

My suggestions:
  • Pancakes (any sort) - since its Shrove Tuesday on March 5th which is celebrated as Pancake Day in some countries.
  • Pies (any sort) - maybe thats a bit too generic (?) but its British Pie week from 4th to 10th of March
  • Maybe an Irish dish to celebrate St Patrick's Day (March 17th)
Ideas please or support for one of the above?

The new feature 'CookingBites Dish of the Month' (Frittata) has been going great guns with lots of members joining in and some gorgeous looking frittatas. There are still 2 days to go but I thought we ought to line up a dish for March.
My suggestions:
  • Pancakes (any sort) - since its Shrove Tuesday on March 5th which is celebrated as Pancake Day in some countries.
How about we add the twist of "Pancake Art"?

775px-Palette_and_brush_pancake_art.jpg

Pies (any sort) - maybe thats a bit too generic (?) but its British Pie week from 4th to 10th of March

I like the sound of (British) pies. It's something I have the menu and have recently purchased some pie dishes/pans to do this. I'm talking about pies with both a top and bottom pastry. So totally enclosed in pastry, not just a crust.

It would include everyone because it is easy to make vegan pastry, shortcrust, filo and puff are all available in vegan form (though it isn't as easy to make puff pastry at home that is vegan ) and the filling is easily made vegan and tasty. It's a good dish to do imo!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom