Survey on supporting Local food, drink, restaurant and shops

Just a Mod Note to say that I have approved this survey posting.

I have also done the survey. It's err, 'interesting' and aimed most likely at the younger American market. What App do I use to find information about my local shops, artisans, produce etc... err, I just visit the shops or read the local newspaper which gives me everything I need. I don't look it up online or use an app to find it out. Why would I? The concept of actually looking at the local shops in person to see what is there seems to be missing! I guess that is the day and age we apparently live in.

Thank you for the comment and yes, I do agree with you about looking or exploring local and what is around you in person should be the primary experience. We want to see how we can promote the idea of supporting and exploring local.

Done. Though it does look like it is more for the younger generation.

I have also done the survey. It's err, 'interesting' and aimed most likely at the younger American market. What App do I use to find information about my local shops, artisans, produce etc... err, I just visit the shops or read the local newspaper which gives me everything I need. I don't look it up online or use an app to find it out. Why would I? The concept of actually looking at the local shops in person to see what is there seems to be missing! I guess that is the day and age we apparently live in.
I fell like I've just completed a different survey. Not one question mentioned apps! :scratchhead:

I looked again - there was one question with apps, you are right. I hadn't noticed it.

Last edited:

It is a worrying trend that increasingly people feel the need to view the world through the screen of a mobile phone.

It is a worrying trend that increasingly people feel the need to view the world through the screen of a mobile phone.
Yep. I know what you mean. My OH and I were at the Dr's today and I needed to make anothet appointment. He actually stood in front of the receptionist and aid he would make it online... Why not make it there and then? We both know he needed to work till a certain time and I needed an evening apt. The only decision to be made was the beginning of end of her hours and how long we would have to wait because of her running late!

We made it with the receptionist in the end!

Back
Top Bottom