pinkcherrychef

Local time
7:00 PM
Alright this recipe is a healthy recipe my husband taught me. My husband said he learned this recipe from his father who made it for him when he was a kid. He's added a few things since then and I've added some things too. The end result is this recipe. With his permission I'm sharing it with you guys.

Time: 35 mins to 65 depending on your oven and sweet potatoes.
Servings:2
Ingredients:
2 sweet potatoes
1/2 cup of oats
1/4 cup of wheat germ
2 tsps of flax seed (I usually add more but this amount is good)
2 tbls of honey (Or your choice of natural healthy sweetener)
1 pinch of Cinamon
1 cup of warm milk (almond, rice, soy, cow, goat, whichever you prefer just make sure it doesn't have a taste that will over power the sweet potato. Also you can add less milk if you like all depends on how soupy you want it.)

Directions:
1.Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F) let that warm up while you prepare your sweet potatoes. Wash and stab your sweet potatoes even wrap them up with foil if you want. Then pop them in the oven and wait until there all nice a tender. It can take up to 30 mins to 1 hour. It depends on your potatoes and your oven. Just check them every 20 or 15 mins okay.
2. Once sweet potatoes are nice and tender take them out of the oven. Carefully peel them it will be hot so please don't burn yourself. You can wait for them to cool a bit if you want. Once there peeled mash them real good.
3. Put your sweet potato mash in a good sized bowl. Then add all of your dry ingredients and mix it all together.
4. Then slowly add your milk while stirring the mixture. After all your milk is in add your honey mix it up a bit then serve and enjoy.

P. S. This recipe is great during the fall and winter. Me and the hubby love to eat it for dinner on cold nights. I hope you guys enjoy it as much as we do.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is interesting - I've not come across sweet potato with oats. Don't you cook the oats? I am trying to imagine the texture of the end result. Do you have a photo?

This is interesting - I've not come across sweet potato with oats. Don't you cook the oats? I am trying to imagine the texture of the end result. Do you have a photo?
I forgot to mention what type of oats :'D sorry It's whole white oats not the instant stuff but the plain regular kind. We don't cook them we put them in raw. If you want them a bit soggy let them soak in some of the warm milk that will soften them up. I don't have a picture atm. However I might be making it in a few days so I'll take a picture of it then ok. The texture hmm it's like baby food and the oats throw in a bit of chewy texture.

Back
Top Bottom