Takoyaki pan

SlightlyConfused

Local time
1:10 PM
I am going to make Takoyaki as it is one of my kids favourite things to eat and will go out of his way to find some so I am going to make some and when he is at uni again in fall I will have something he will go mad for. I need to buy a pan and they not expensive but I was wondering if anyone had some info what I should look for when buying one and should I just get a stove top one or have you found an electrical one of use? Besides using it for Takoyaki and Chinese dumplings what else have you used to the pan for? I have done lots of reading but if I could find out from someone who actually uses one I would appreciate it.

It is suggested to use a cast iron takoyaki griddle. The iron allows even heating of the takoyaki which is usually turned during the cooking process to pull the uncooked batter to the bottom of the rounded cavity.

You can also use a takoyaki pan in making a good, steamy Chinese dumpling. Steaming homemade dumplings is quick and easy when you use a takoyaki pan.

It’s also possible to make desserts using a takoyaki maker. Cake pops, for instance, can be prepared with a takoyaki pan. You can also roast marshmallows directly in the indent of the takoyaki pan.

Even om-rice, which is rice cooked inside an omelet with ketchup— can be made using a takoyaki pan.

The article link below even talks about the electric option. There is a wealth of information that can help you with your purchase decision. Take a look. Let us know what you think @SlightlyConfused .

Source:
https://www.storyofakitchen.com/miscellaneous-recipes/takoyaki-pan-review-a-guest-post/

It is suggested to use a cast iron takoyaki griddle. The iron allows even heating of the takoyaki which is usually turned during the cooking process to pull the uncooked batter to the bottom of the rounded cavity.

You can also use a takoyaki pan in making a good, steamy Chinese dumpling. Steaming homemade dumplings is quick and easy when you use a takoyaki pan.

It’s also possible to make desserts using a takoyaki maker. Cake pops, for instance, can be prepared with a takoyaki pan. You can also roast marshmallows directly in the indent of the takoyaki pan.

Even om-rice, which is rice cooked inside an omelet with ketchup— can be made using a takoyaki pan.

The article link below even talks about the electric option. There is a wealth of information that can help you with your purchase decision. Take a look. Let us know what you think @SlightlyConfused .

Source:
https://www.storyofakitchen.com/miscellaneous-recipes/takoyaki-pan-review-a-guest-post/

Cool, looks like I will spring for one once I locate a cast iron one, I see some aluminum ones but I with some searching I should be able to find one in the next few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom