Tandoori lamb cutlets....

rascal

Forum GOD!
Local time
3:41 AM
my wife works at a school that have boarders (boys) from all over the South Island. A lot are farming families, so yesterday we were gifted a whole lamb free and cut up and frozen. My wife's fave is tandoori lamb cutlets. I make my own Garam masala. I will make them this weekend. Pics will follow. Do you guys make these? I also do chicken thighs with the same mixture as well.

Russ

What cut of the lamb are the cutlets made from?

I can go to a halal butcher for just about any cut, but the ones that are available pre-cut in the normal supermarket are rib chops, loin chops, sholder chops, legs, neck bones, and shanks.

image.jpeg
We call them mid loin chops. Trim fat off then marinade overnight then grill. (Broil in your terms)

Russ

These are the most tenderest chop and my wife's first choice when I tell her she can have anything she wants. Yeah, I know, people get to make requests for meals. I hope you try these.

Russ

That was the dinner my wife made sure we had for our wedding meal.

Well, not Tandoori, but French Provencal style broiled lollipop lambchops.

American lamb is so mild that I prefer its tougher, more flavorful cuts like shoulder, neck, and "round bone" leg chops.

I often see Aussie or New Zealand lamb, but the price is dear.

Sadly, lamb isn't as popular in 'murica as many other proteins in English speaking ior Western European influenced countries.

I should post my recipe for lamb stew; stolen/adapted from Tony Bourdain's Daube Provencal.

Nice lollipops. Did you French them yourself? Some restaurants serve them pistachio-crusted. Two bites later and I'm still hungry LOL. Sometimes I like the chops with a little greek seasoning, Greek lemon roasted potatoes or couscous, and a Big Fat Greek salad.

Last edited:
my wife works at a school that have boarders (boys) from all over the South Island. A lot are farming families, so yesterday we were gifted a whole lamb free and cut up and frozen. My wife's fave is tandoori lamb cutlets. I make my own Garam masala. I will make them this weekend. Pics will follow. Do you guys make these? I also do chicken thighs with the same mixture as well.

Russ

I've never made tandoori lamb cutlets - only tandoori chicken. For Indian style lamb I usually cook it in some kind of curry sauce - but then I'd use neck fillet.

I've never made tandoori lamb cutlets - only tandoori chicken. For Indian style lamb I usually cook it in some kind of curry sauce - but then I'd use neck fillet.

I don't do a curry sauce ,just the cutlets marinading with the gm and yoghurt. I normally serve it with rhaita and tamarind chutney.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom