Tea!

I`ve recently become a tea fan. I`ve always thought tea is just flavored water, until I started drinking green tea. I was in for quite the surprise when I found its taste to be awesome, and read up that it had a lot of health benefits as well. Apart from that, green tea is extremely calming. Since then, I drink about 5 cups daily. Maybe even more sometimes.

I'm a huge tea fan! I love white tea, black tea, green tea, herbal teas, basically any kind of tea. My favorite is Tazo green ginger tea. It is AMAZING!!! For beauty purposes, I also steam my face with tea and it works great for my skin.

I love all kinds of tea! I enjoy tea with milk the most, because it gives a more creamy and rich flavor. When it's a hot day out, I like adding honey and lemon to make it an iced tea, which really cools me down! When it's late at night and I have trouble sleeping, I like to drink green tea or jasmine tea. It really relaxes me and is really soothing. It's also very healthy, so I enjoy it!

Ooh, never thought of having it with honey. Some experimentation required I think.:thumbsup:

Ah, this takes me back to my childhood. Whenever I would get sick, warm tea and honey was the remedy for a sore throat every time. Honey has several health qualities on its own that are good for when you're sick, but this was also my mom's way of sweetening the tea without giving me sugar directly. I actually used to hate tea like this as a kid, too, until I got a bit older and realized how good it really did feel on my throat.

I love all kinds of tea! I enjoy tea with milk the most, because it gives a more creamy and rich flavor. When it's a hot day out, I like adding honey and lemon to make it an iced tea, which really cools me down! When it's late at night and I have trouble sleeping, I like to drink green tea or jasmine tea. It really relaxes me and is really soothing. It's also very healthy, so I enjoy it!

Honey and lemon goes very well with any kind of tea, although I`ve never used milk in tea before. I don`t know if it would be a good combination. For me its coffee + milk, tea + honey. Just some silly preconceptions that I have. :D

Who here loves tea as much as I do? I guess I'm just a stereotypical Brit, but you just can't beat a hot cup of tea with milk - it tastes so nice and warming, and honestly, drinking it makes me feel calmer. Weird, I know! As well as standard "builder" tea, I also really like green tea and drink it regularly for its health benefits. I've tried lots of other types as well, including "green goddess" tea (which contains peppermint, nettle and fennel, I think), chamomile and spiced apple, and various flavours of Yogi Tea.

Who else is a tea fan?

Cefmac, I definitely love tea, there’s not too many that I’ve tried that I haven’t liked. My favorite would have to be a nice cup of iced green tea though; I like the health benefits in addition to the peppermint flavor mixed with the natural tea. I don’t know if you would consider this a tea, but I also really enjoy a cup of sweet tea in the summer especially. When I say sweet tea, many people think I just mean sweetened iced tea, but no I mean sweet tea, it has a much sweeter flavor and it’s hard to buy a good jug of it in the Midwest, which is where I live.

This thread has inspired me. Going to make a cup of English Breakfast Tea now. (not that it's anywhere close to breakfast time)
Full Eng Breakfast.jpg

I love tea. Green tea with honey, chai tea with milk, chamomile, peppermint, I have a ridiculous amount of tea in my home. There was a coffeshop near me that had a jasmine tea blend that they called enchanted tea. I think it had magical powers because that was by far the best tea I've ever tasted in life. Unfortunately they closed and I haven't found anything close since.

I like tea (but not as much as coffee)! Anything goes for me, although because I'm not that much of a tea-expert, I always have to consult my friends as to what kind of tea goes with what, and their recommendations really didn't fail me, haha.

I like milk tea the most though - whether or not it's the sweetened tea that's sold outside or if it's actual tea with milk.

I ran out of half and half for my coffee and it was about three days to pay day. I always have tea in the house, but my son saw some $1.00 off for a box of Tetley English Blend of tea. So I cut out two of the coupons. On my next shopping trip I got the two boxes and got hooked. I will never go back to coffee.

As a youngster, I used to sit at the kitchen table with my mother. We both drank cup after cup of tea with milk and sugar, playing cards. I do not put milk in my tea today. I prefer a small amount of sugar, but I can and often do drink it black. I find the American blend of tea leaves are just too bitter. It requires a lot of doctoring with milk and sugar. More milk and sugar than tea.

Addie, I'm not sure what you mean about American tea blends.

I was raised on a pretty standard American teas such as Red Rose and Lipton, with occasional forays into Southern style Luzianne or Irish Barry's tea.

They are all black tea blends.

If you're interested, you might want to look into the myriad of other teas, from white, to green, oolong, rooibos, chai (aka sticks and rocks), and many others,

Addie, I'm not sure what you mean about American tea blends.

I was raised on a pretty standard American teas such as Red Rose and Lipton, with occasional forays into Southern style Luzianne or Irish Barry's tea.

They are all black tea blends.

If you're interested, you might want to look into the myriad of other teas, from white, to green, oolong, rooibos, chai (aka sticks and rocks), and many others,
Is that Liptons Yellow Label? We get that in parts of Europe. It is weaker than usual English blends but more fragrant - we quite like it, and it does work well without milk or sugar.

Hmm, I'm not sure. The next time I make a cup, I'll have to look.

I am a big fan of floral or fragrant teas, my favourite being something called Lake Tung Ting Oolong.

I also really like green teas, as well as white tips, although the latter can use some help mixed with green.

And then, of course, there'll always be Earl Grey.

Our day always starts with two or three mugs of builders tea - strong (preferably Yorkshire) tea with just a dash of milk. Jasmine, Lapsong Souchong or Rooibush during the day if I get bored with coffee.

Is that Liptons Yellow Label? We get that in parts of Europe. It is weaker than usual English blends but more fragrant - we quite like it, and it does work well without milk or sugar.
Please post a picture as most Lipton tea comes in a yellow box.

Back
Top Bottom