Teatime in Narnia: Mr. Tumnus' Burnt Sugar Cake

Discussion in 'Beverages, Drinks and Smoothies' started by Rainymuffins, Nov 24, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Rainymuffins

Rainymuffins Member

IMG_2601.jpg
    My treat this week was a step into the wardrobe. C.S. Lewis has been a favorite of mine since childhood, and I have always wished I could find myself in the middle of a wintry wood and bump into Mr. Tumnus with an armful of packages. Then he'd invite me to a scrumptious tea by a hearth, and fill my soul with tea cakes and magical tales.

I found this recipe for Mr. Tumnus' Burnt Sugar cake and there was no question that I had to try it. Here is the link to the recipe: http://yummy-books.com/2012/07/24/tea-with-mr-tumnus/

I topped the cake with my own creative twists, specifically the cherries and the nuts. It's a delicious cake. The burnt sugar really comes through the flavor, it's not overly sweet but rich in flavor. And so moist and decadent!

I will definitely be making this again, probably as cupcakes next time.

buckytom and Wandering Bob like this.
  2. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

Sounds like you would really like this book Cookbook with a twist! I like the way you are weaving literature into your cooking...

3. Rainymuffins

Rainymuffins Member

I will check it out! And yes, I love a good story about as much as a good cup of tea and a muffin. Preferably all at once!

4. Cherry Kirschenbaum

Cherry Kirschenbaum Regular Member

This looks amazing! Great idea for the cherries and nuts, two of my favourite things in a desert :thumbsup:

Toffeeapple likes this.