Telemarketers!

One from a few years ago :

Caller: it's about your PPI.
Me: I don't have PPI.
Caller: No, no, I'm not talking about PPI, it's about your car insurance.
Me: I haven't got a car.
Caller: No, no, I'm not talking about your car, it's about your mortgage.
Me: I haven't got a mortgage.

A period of silence.

Me: How long would you like me to hang on until you think of something I've actually got?

Evidently, the idiot couldn't and put the phone down.

We had a phone call this morning about 8am from 'Edward', he had a very strong Indian accent, apparently he was calling from our internet provider regarding a fault, I was in no mood to be nice-just told him to **** off.Not polite I know and my mum would have told me off but I just get fed up with them.

When the guys phone me to say I have been in a car accident (which i haven't) i always say yes how did you know? I then tell them I am still in hospital and speaking to them on my handsfree because the hands were lost in the crash they soon disappear.
The "microsoft" guy that calls to tell me i have an issue with my windows - i tell him they have just been fitted and they look ok to me :)
Anyone else i point out im not buying anything and they should phone someone that might earn them commission as they are wasting their time with me!

It only works if the caller is in the UK, outside of it they are free to call you. I get a lot of calls from scammers claiming to be from TalkTalk, it cheers me up when they call!
I'm not sure about this. I think it must also cover UK businesses who used overseas call centers. Since signing up to TPS we have had no cold callers at all.

Those calls that say they have detected a virus on my pc...i tell them i don't have a pc because I don't have a pc...mac girl all the way. Sometimes i just shame them and tell them their mom is disappointed.

My brother got a telemarker call earlier today .They were trying to sell him hearing aids. Said that he's not interested. He ended up hanging up on them because they wouldn't let him go!!
They ARE so annoying & aggravating!! :mad::headshake:

I just got 3 in a row, the last 2 from same # that called back to back. Last time they stayed on line long enough for voice mail to catch. You could hear background call center noise.

We have Robo call that intercepts and blocks about 2/3 of the telemarketers.
I wish I could post the calls but the Telemarketers get so angry they leave a tirade of profanities.

First Robocall identifies the incoming call as spam.
Then one of many pre recorded but live spoof bits plays putting the telemarketer on hold for two minutes. Then the pre recorded message that sound like a live person comes back on a messes with the telemarketers head.
The best one is a room full of drunk Russians answer the phone.

Ahh heck, I'll stick my neck out and leave a call I got a short while back and I posted it on You Tube:
Caution,, it has profane language.

Actual call off my phone. The Male voice is the telemarketer that was put on hold for 2 minutes, the female voice is a pre-recorded spoof that the telemarketer thinks is real.
It's got profane language So beware:

Last edited:
You are lucky then. I used never to get them, it was only when TalkTalk lost a lot of data that I started to get them but they are not filtered out byTPS.

We still get calls from The Talk Talk (?) as a result of that, even though we left them a couple if years ago.

I dont even answer the phone - I have a mobile phone. I see a number I don't recognise, and I refuse to answer it. Then I check the number with a website called "Who Calls Me?" and find dozens of comments saying it's from the bank, "we've noticed you've had an accident 3 years ago, would you like to make a claim", PPI, etc.
They're also trying to use mobile phone numbers to get you to answer.

We still get calls from The Talk Talk (?) as a result of that, even though we left them a couple if years ago.

Yes, they are tenacious, once they have a number they don't give up. I keep telling them that TalkTalk don't call their customers but they insist. Now, I simply swear at them.

My phone provider Spark, are pretty good, my cell comes up as possible fraud number on certain numbers. I don't answer these. I believe as a small country we are targeted.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom