Tell me about your gardening methods

Thank you.

I'm not certain we have them here. I'll ask one of the local older peeps who garden. If so, I'll use your fab tip.

I find very fat short white grubs sometimes. I think they are curl grubs, but I'm clueless. The chicken loves to eat them when I dig them up.

ETA: yes, curl grubs.

http://ecoorganicgarden.com.au/problem-solver/curl-grub/

And they might be the problem. Thanks so much for pointing me in the direction.

Last edited:
Well, it looks like a lot of the problem was that I should have given them more water... I did water them in but we have had a warm dry windy week & they are just babies. I used seaweed solution on them yesterday and 2 have picked up. I put seed in this morning so we will see how that goes.

I also put seed in for Asian greens, fennel, cos lettuce plus markers for all of the things I could remember. There are 2 patches spouting that I have completely forgotten exactly what seeds were planted there.

I need more corn as I want to stagger their planting.

Newly planted seeds and seedlings need more frequent watering. The surface of the soil needs consistent moisture.

Yeah, they sure do, but I've had a hectic week & forgot about them.

I'm trying to do better with my garden this year... I used to be in a great routine with it but last year everything went out the window in March and I'm just now trying to re-establish routines.

Back
Top Bottom