Recipe Tembleque - Coconut Pudding

Diane Lane

Veteran
Local time
11:12 PM
I used to make Tembleque years ago. It's a delicious coconut pudding, and is fairly light, sort of a combination of pudding and gelatin. I have a nice mold like the one in the picture, and that's how I like to make it. Others use a cake pan or ramekins, but I love the shape of the pudding when it comes from the mold.

I haven't used this recipe, but can't find the one I used to use. This one says it's from Puerto Rico, but the one I used years ago was from South America. Hopefully they're similar, but regardless, with these ingredients, you can't go wrong, as long as you love coconut.

http://www.goya.com/english/recipes/tembleque-coconut-pudding

I used to make Tembleque years ago. It's a delicious coconut pudding, and is fairly light, sort of a combination of pudding and gelatin. I have a nice mold like the one in the picture, and that's how I like to make it. Others use a cake pan or ramekins, but I love the shape of the pudding when it comes from the mold.

I haven't used this recipe, but can't find the one I used to use. This one says it's from Puerto Rico, but the one I used years ago was from South America. Hopefully they're similar, but regardless, with these ingredients, you can't go wrong, as long as you love coconut.

What a lovely name for a dish!

again a local set dessert variety ,a twist on a set dessert,the Italians have panacotta set with gelatine, traditional mousse is whipped and set with gelatine,
i love these traditional dishes,this one with its neutral flavours,good all year round store cupboard dessert

again a local set dessert variety ,a twist on a set dessert,the Italians have panacotta set with gelatine, traditional mousse is whipped and set with gelatine,
i love these traditional dishes,this one with its neutral flavours,good all year round store cupboard dessert

So panna cotta is similar to this? I've heard of panna cotta, but as far as I know, have never had it. It sounds delicious just from the name, though, so it is on my list of things to try making.

@morning glory I agree, I love the name of this, it's probably one thing that attracted me to it in the first place.

Hmm... very interesting, I do like coconut.

Back
Top Bottom