Thanksgiving

Having said that, I did enjoy when I fried a turkey 2 years ago. It was amazingly delicious, but I certainly don't miss the stress and all the work.

img_0242-jpg.jpg
img_0243-jpg.jpg

My brother always fries his turkey, he says it keeps it moist.

The turkey is about to get an over nighter in the brine. Which has a gallon of Modelo Negra beer as the main ingredient.

The Egg is coming to temp, the turkey is out of the brine and warming up and will go on around 10:00 this morning. I'll get a few hours break giving me time to clean up the pots the brine is in and the pot I used to make the stock from some wings we bought. The wings and vege got roasted before hitting the pot. The smells from the stock simmering and the brine simmering were amazing.

I'm waiting for my pie to cool...i made a berry pie...it overflowed so is not overly pretty but should taste good. I had a pan under it so no need to clean the oven. I was going to make a pumpkin pie but my recipe says it makes 2 pies when it really always makes three and since i didn't go anywhere what was into do with three pies. Plus finding room to cool three pies plus have room to make the rest of dinner. Maybe i'll make them for Christmas and give the extras as gifts. By then maybe i'll have the kitchen organized for more counter space.

Pie could have used a little more sugar in the berries. They must not have been as ripe as they usually are.

Da Bird!

dogboa-2187388-albums-bbq-grilling-pic149953-turkey-11-22-18.jpg

They had inserted this pop up thing (to tell when the turkey was done) which I removed. The skin split where it had been inserted.:mad: It was done in 3-1/2 hours. If I wanted an indicator to determine doneness, I would have stuffed the bird and included raw popcorn in the stuffing!:rolleyes:

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/beer-brine.13801/

Last edited:
Da Bird!

dogboa-2187388-albums-bbq-grilling-pic149953-turkey-11-22-18.jpg

They had inserted this pop up thing (to tell when the turkey was done) which I removed. The skin split where it had been inserted.:mad: It was done in 3-1/2 hours. If I wanted an indicator to determine doneness, I would have stuffed the bird and included raw popcorn in the stuffing!:rolleyes:

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/beer-brine.13801/

Wow! It looks as if its carved in mahogany.

What kind of berries did you use?

Blackberries and raspberries...i prefer just blackberries but raspberries were on sale and blackberries were really high...i have four thornless blackberry plants...can't wait til they get big enough to fruit.

Surprisingly, two dishes that I liked, were the cornbread dressing/stuffing, and pumpkin pie parfait. A layer of crumbled pie crust, pumpkin filling and topped with about 3" of whipped cream. Sweet!

Back
Top Bottom