That vegetarian look

Duck59

Guru
Local time
7:15 AM
Website
duckholiday.com
Something that I've noticed over my 35 years as a vegetarian is that people say the strangest things to you. A personal favourite was "What do you eat?" to which my response was "I try to stick to food". My other delight was being told, at a party, that I didn't look like a vegetarian. I wondered what a vegetarian was meant to look like. Beard? Sandals? Long floppy ears?

Has anybody faced similar weirdness?

I sometimes have a vegetarian meal. No meat. Had one last night! I don't have to have meat all the time, like some people I know.
One in particular. He HAS to have meat every single day!!! Has to have meat, all that salty meat at that, on his pizza! Too much meat - especially RED meat, is not good for you! It can lead to colon, and other cancers. :( :stop:

I've just had a health worker come round to interview me and I knew instantly just by looking at her that she was a celiac. I can't tell you what it was about her but I just knew.

Mind you looking at me I doubt for one moment that anyone would peg me as vegan!

Most of my meals are meatless, I eat meatless at least 3 times a week. I do not need to have meat at every meal and really do not like meat that much. When I go out with friends to eat I eat meatless because it is easier for my nervious stomach.

I eat fish. Fish is not a vegetable, but as soon as I say I don't eat meat, I'm classified as a vegetarian. How is it such a dirty word? Vegetables are good for you! So then when I say fish isn't a vegetable then the person starts coming up with some other ridiculous label. I eat what I like, period. Don't even get me started on "what do you eat?" and all the other comments and questions.

I eat fish. Fish is not a vegetable, but as soon as I say I don't eat meat, I'm classified as a vegetarian. How is it such a dirty word? Vegetables are good for you! So then when I say fish isn't a vegetable then the person starts coming up with some other ridiculous label. I eat what I like, period. Don't even get me started on "what do you eat?" and all the other comments and questions.

The healthier low-fat alternatives to all that red meat, salty processed meat & fatty pork would be to eat chicken breast and fish (Most sea foods).

Don't get me wrong, I like a good burger or steak every now & then. But I have to have that only in moderation. I see nothing wrong with having it once in a great while. I've cut back drastically on eating so much fatty meats. Not good all the time!! :eek:

The healthier low-fat alternatives to all that red meat, salty processed meat & fatty pork would be to eat chicken breast and fish (Most sea foods).

I rarely ever eat chicken; I just don't like the texture. I find most animal proteins difficult to digest and I just don't enjoy how it feels to bite into them. Having grown up near the gulf coast, I do enjoy seafood, but even some fish are difficult to digest (like catfish, ugh!)

Back
Top Bottom