The CookingBites Cookalong: Chicken Kiev

@morning glory

I am sure they will be delicious either way & with the Panko Crumbs, they will work either way as well ..

I am going to say goodnight as it is late and I must be up at 6am ..

Well, I am feeling very lonely in this thread. Is anyone else going to join in? Or am I in a Cook-alone? Sending an SOS. :cry:
View attachment 9617

Unfortunately I have to cook gluten-free, and dairy-free and with little meat. I usually take this as a challenge and adapt recipes (I have plans for the sausage challenge ) but chicken Kiev has me stumped.

Only a little. I did think of doing a fish Kiev with gf breadcrumbs but I got stuck on the butter bit. Dairy-free spread has too much water in I think.

I could make a proper (ish) Kiev for husband as long as I use gf breadcrumbs, but it seems a lot of effort for something I can't eat and would really, really want to eat.

Only a little. I did think of doing a fish Kiev with gf breadcrumbs but I got stuck on the butter bit. Dairy-free spread has too much water in I think.

I could make a proper (ish) Kiev for husband as long as I use gf breadcrumbs, but it seems a lot of effort for something I can't eat and would really, really want to eat.

Re dairy free spread - I just discovered Tomor which is high fat content. I used it to make vegan croissants today after my failed attempt using Stork margarine (which, as you say, has too much water). I am about to post the croissants photo on the What did you eat today thread!

Last edited:
Unfortunately I have to cook gluten-free, and dairy-free and with little meat. I usually take this as a challenge and adapt recipes (I have plans for the sausage challenge ) but chicken Kiev has me stumped.
I reckon you could try something like the recipe I have come up with but switching out the flour for besan flour (chickpea flour). I haven't tried it because I'm still in hospital but a lot of people do the vegan chicken Kiev with Quorn. now whilst I don't mind Quorn, it's not as easily available in Australia so I'm using tofu instead. I reckon tempeh would work as well but it would be harder to source the right size cuts much as I like tempeh. So I have gone to tofu which I quite like.

I 'butterflied' the chicken breasts and then rolled them around the butter using clingfilm. This method is like making a Ballotine, which I have done before. I'm following the recipe example at the beginning of this thread.

20170807_195253.jpg

20170807_195518.jpg

Back
Top Bottom