The CookingBites Cookalong: Chinese Dumplings

I am losing what little mind I have left!!:hyper:
My dumpling thingy filling is made - I am pleased with it. I have been trying to make a sauce/dip for the dumplings. First attempt was an epic fail. Working on try #2.

Sauce should be the easy part! It should be a thin dipping sauce - little or even no cooking required. See the sauce in this recipe from @Herbie: Cheong Fun

Last edited:
Contribution #1

Sweet Onion Dim Sum

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/sweet-onion-dim-sum.12072/

20180210_151505-jpg.jpg

Do Tibetan Momos count?
Made ~50 the other day..only a few frozen units left..:oops: steam from frozen for ~25 mins.
Hand chopped chicken, with ginger, garlic, red onion, spices, etc.. I rarely stick to one recipe.
AP flour, water, salt for simple dough wrap
Served with green & red hot sauces on the side

frozen momos.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Do Tibetan Momos count?
Made ~50 the other day..only a few frozen units left..:oops: steam from frozen for ~25 mins.
Hand chopped chicken, with ginger, garlic, red onion, spices, etc.. I rarely stick to one recipe.

Wow! I'm beginning to see that you are an accomplished cook - these look great. And you made your own wraps as well! Of course they count! :D

I haven't thought of freezing them - that is a good idea.

Is it liquid sauce inside? :hungry:
Just slices of Bounty bar, but it almost melts. The first one I tried, I cut it too soon as the filling practically flowed out. The one I cut in the photo wasn't too bad, but the other two had cooled enough for the filling to start solidifying. The coconut in a Bounty bar is quite moist.

Brillant! I was planning a new entry to this challenge but we are in our van so no access to ingredients I need. I'll try next week when in an actual house. (Even with my minute kitchen!)

Back
Top Bottom