The CookingBites Cookalong: Paella

Last day of the Paella Cookalong - any extensions requested for those of you who intend to have a go? @epicuric?
I may have pass on this one - sorry! Went to buy prawns at the local supermarket (the only shellfish they stock) on Saturday, but they were starting to turn orange so gave them a miss. Flying home tomorrow and straight into intense few days of catching up. If there is any enthusiasm for extending the deadline by a week I may be able to come up with something, otherwise will catch up with the next dish.

I may have pass on this one - sorry! Went to buy prawns at the local supermarket (the only shellfish they stock) on Saturday, but they were starting to turn orange so gave them a miss. Flying home tomorrow and straight into intense few days of catching up. If there is any enthusiasm for extending the deadline by a week I may be able to come up with something, otherwise will catch up with the next dish.

OK - I'll wait until tomorrow - but I don't think anyone else is going to join in now...

Morning Glory,

Wow. A wonderful job ..

Historical and gastronomic references for rices on the Mediterranean Coast of Valencia, date back to the 13th century ( and were documented in 1324 in: Libre de Sent Sovi ) .. The Byzantines may have been the 1st to actually cultivate rices at the beginning of the 6th century.

It was the Moors who introduced large production of rices in the 8th century.

The original récipes were prepared on open flame with: Snails, Rosemary and other Mediterranean Herbs, Rabbit, local high hill vegetation, Albufera Arborio Rice, almonds, beans, Porc Meats and hunted game, orange flower wáter, and meat broth.

Over the years, there were changes which had begun to incorpórate Shell Fish and Chicken, Red / Green pepper, tomato for the Sofrito and Saffran.

THE PALLERA which is the metal pan with 2 handles, one on each side hails from Pompeii, Campania from the Romans and travellers to this región can still see them in the 300 Ovens that are part of the permanent Roman Exhibition.

Note: Smoked paprika or " PIMENTÓN, TOMATOES & PEPPERS were employed quite a bit later after the Hernan Cortez and his crew of Navigators returned from Mexico.

My parents prepare a Catalan FIDEUÀ which is a Noodle ( Fideos ) Paella ..

I shall have to post the récipe when I am off .. I have a busy travel Schedule all this week and next. However, I am off for 1 week ( work 3 weeks ) the week of the 9th June ..

Have a lovely day.

I shall have to post the récipe when I am off .. I have a busy travel Schedule all this week and next. However, I am off for 1 week ( work 3 weeks ) the week of the 9th June ..

We would love to see your recipe. But this Cookalong has ended. Please post the recipe as a new thread. Just go to the section: Rice, Pasta, Pulses and Grains
and start a new thread.

Back
Top Bottom