The CookingBites Cookalong: Soufflés and Fondants

Cool. It's been so hot here, which is making me feel poorly too, I haven't wanted to turn oven on or do much of anything really.

Finally....

Chocolate Fondants:

fullsizeoutput_36fc.jpeg

image.png

I made some of those years and years ago, with tiny truffles with raspberries in the center, and used Chambord as part of the batter. They were for a sister-in-law's birthday. They were so good! Unfortunately, I lost the recipe and have never tried to recreate them.

I made some of those years and years ago, with tiny truffles with raspberries in the center, and used Chambord as part of the batter. They were for a sister-in-law's birthday. They were so good! Unfortunately, I lost the recipe and have never tried to recreate them.

I was thinking along those lines today - wondering what I could embed in the centre! I don't know if there is a special technique for that (would the fruit sink if you just put it in halfway though filling?

I actually made tiny truffles. I remember doing that because I had never made truffles, or lava cakes for that matter, before. I probably poured a small amount of batter in mold, then placed the truffle, then poured remainder of batter in.

I actually made tiny truffles. I remember doing that because I had never made truffles, or lava cakes for that matter, before. I probably poured a small amount of batter in mold, then placed the truffle, then poured remainder of batter in.

I'm going to have to try a filling. Do you think marshmallows would work. I happen to have some.

Back
Top Bottom