The CookingBites Cookalong: Tarte Tatin

I'm extending the deadline by a week - quite selfish as I have one more Tarte Tatin idea! I think we had slightly less members involved this time round. So - if anyone else wants to join in there is still time. Closing date midnight 11th January.

Round two of my rhubarb and start anise Tarte Tatin
I've gone with a shortcrust pastry this time. I'll upload the pictures of it cooked shortly, but I've made one of two changes including a double layer of rhubarb target than a single layer. We like our rhubarb.

View attachment 12660

Do we have a final photo?

My final attempt - an unashamedly 'cheffy' development from the Mushroom Tarte Tatin here: #55 and #57.

Mini Mushroom Tatins with charred Romanesco, candied walnuts, miso and date sauce, spinach tuile and spinach dust (phew!). The mini Tatins are made by cutting rounds out of a whole Mushroom Tatin using pastry cutters. Typing up the whole recipe to include each element is a chore. But I will get round to it!

20171216_143554.jpg

20171216_143413.jpg

Last edited:
I couldn't post photos of my bangers and mash tartes owing to a dead laptop. My phone won't share photos with CB for some reason and my tablet is too basic to cut and paste the instructions (hardly a recipe). It was however the same pastry as my BLT tart with partially cooked sausages, a layer of mash, onion rings and then either baked beans or peas. Cooked in the oven for about half an hour, and served with an egg with the beans one or onion gravy with the peas one.

I couldn't post photos of my bangers and mash tartes owing to a dead laptop. My phone won't share photos with CB for some reason and my tablet is too basic to cut and paste the instructions (hardly a recipe). It was however the same pastry as my BLT tart with partially cooked sausages, a layer of mash, onion rings and then either baked beans or peas. Cooked in the oven for about half an hour, and served with an egg with the beans one or onion gravy with the peas one.

I so much want photos of all these! I think you really could start a cult on instagram.

Back
Top Bottom