The CookingBites Prize Challenge: Cakes

ff8d8493-8e87-4a84-9509-8fd776b76539-jpeg.jpg
43eb0e59-acdb-4d6b-a62f-c6806ed3b6f3-jpeg.jpg

Laffa Cakes (Lime Jaffa Cakes).

Our Key Lime meringue pie is finally gone as of last night, so hopefully I can get something going as far as cake now. I'm going to have to give some stuff away to the neighbors though as Craig and I can't eat all this sweet stuff.

Our Key Lime meringue pie is finally gone as of last night, so hopefully I can get something going as far as cake now. I'm going to have to give some stuff away to the neighbors though as Craig and I can't eat all this sweet stuff.

That is my problem. Son being vegan doesn't help as obviously a lot of cake and dessert recipes use cream or eggs. Partner never eats sweet things and I only nibble to check taste! Daughter will eat sweet things but I can't really expect her to eat whole cakes!

Looks like you are going to win this @The Late Night Gourmet! I thought switching to a generic easy topic (rather than specific spices) would attract more entries but so far your two entries are all we have! :cry:

@Kake Lover - I really think you are duty bound to make an entry given your name! :laugh:

I made a gluten and dairy free birthday cake yesterday with chocolate 'butter' icing. Guests of the birthday girl were surprised how good it tasted (being gluten/dairy free).

It's super simple to make, you'll be surprised at how easy it is.

And I have plans for another entry, the one I asked about as it's only part cake. I just need to get the correct size baking dishes as the ones I have that I think are the correct size are packed away in a box that never got unpacked, among quite a few others, when we downsized and I have absolutely no idea where they are at. We bought the chocolate for it last week (semi-sweet and white) and the frozen raspberries, so I'm all set as soon as I get the dishes. It will also have churros as part of the dessert.

Sticky Lime and Ginger Cake

Ginger and Walnut Carrot Cake

Cakes made this weekend but I have not written them up yet. ( I have now!) They are not my own invention but I have never made any thing like this before.

Sticky lime and ginger cake. (2 challenges for the price of one!)
IMG_20180325_190248254.jpg

I can't believe I have never made carrot cake before. I think I was put off by having to grate the carrots but using a course grater was a good idea. I wanted a recipe that didn't use dried fruits. This one is amazing. Mr K can't wait for me to make it again.
Ginger and walnut carrot cake.
IMG_20180324_173207445.jpg

IMG_20180325_184921123.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom