The CookingBites Prize Challenge: 'En Papillote'

Fish in papillote with blackberry sauce and rice pilaf.

2018-11-25 18.54.44.jpg

While looking for the recipe for the smoked turkey soup in our old homemade cookbooks, I came across a recipe we used to make long ago, like 20 plus years, en papillote. We had totally forgotten about it. We'll be making it again.

So far we have 3 great entries - we need more! Almost anything can be cooked 'en papillote' and its such an easy way to cook. I'm hoping that some of you that don't usually enter the challenges might join in. :) I've got a few ideas I'm hoping to make next week...

I won't post this as a recipe as it's very similar to the one I posted last week: salmon cooked en papillote:
IMG_0929a.jpg

This time, a dash of white wine vinegar, some fresh thyme and chervil and baked in a paper parcel for 8 minutes. Served with new potatoes and green beans tossed in mayo and wholegrain mustard with chopped spring onions. A really quick and simple week night supper dish

now that my week long training is done I can get back to cooking.

I plan on getting back to cooking tonight. Thinking of trying this method of cooking with swordfish

I reckon that will work just fine. I've just bought some swordfish.

And now we have a new Recipe Challenge ingredient 'Mackerel' which is also a good candidate for 'en papillote'.

We're making a chicken recipe this week, the aforementioned forgotten recipe, though I'm going to experiment and try a complete meal en papillote.

Back
Top Bottom