The CookingBites Prize Challenge: 'En Papillote'

I would experiment first if you are intending to cook raw rice en papillote. Rice is cheap! Try a small amount with some stock in a papillote and see how long it takes to cook. But as I've never tried it I'm not sure what will happen.

Last edited:
Yes, that's same thing I found, precooking. I think I am going to try making fresh noodles and putting them in packet.

We were posting at same time.

This will be my next entry. I'l post the recipe later, after I cook it.

20181205_135748.jpg
20181205_140058.jpg
20181205_140137.jpg

We only 4 entries (from 2 members) - 5 if @epicuric posts his up as a recipe. Not sure if we can expect any more but there are obviously quite a few members who haven't entered.

I'm going to extend the deadline into the new year in the hope that there will be more entries. New deadline is midday 5th January (GMT).

We only 4 entries (from 2 members) - 5 if @epicuric posts his up as a recipe. Not sure if we can expect any more but there are obviously quite a few members who haven't entered.

I'm going to extend the deadline into the new year in the hope that there will be more entries. New deadline is midday 5th January (GMT).
Sorry - you did remind me and I still forgot. I am away this week, but will post the recipe when I get home at the end of the week.

I liked the movie with Steve McQueen and Dustin Hoffman :D

I'm guessing that you mean "Papillon".

There is a remake in the cinemas (I've heard) with Charlie Hunnam and Damijan Oklopdzic (not that I know either of them).

Sausage, cabbage and onion foil packets

An easy meal. Packets can be made up the night before or early in the day, then just popped in the oven and cooked while you have time with the family, watch the TV, whatever you want. They can also be cooked on the grill with minimal attention, just flipping about every 15 minutes. Sour cream and/or mustard can be added after cooking for extra flavor if you wish.

Placing an ice cube with a bit of the pork stock base smeared on it gives you some nicely flavored pork stock to steam the potatoes until they are perfectly tender.

2018-12-24 19.05.26.jpg

Please note that the deadline for entries has been extended to midday 15th January.

@epicuric - a gentle reminder to post your entry as a Recipe. :)

There is a great prize on offer here - so if you haven't yet entered, why not have a go? Cooking 'en papillote' is simplicity itself...

Back
Top Bottom