The CookingBites Prize Challenge: 'En Papillote'

Just experimenting with things - a few chestnut button mushrooms left in the fridge. So I I put them in a foil packet with some thyme, a big splash of light soy sauce and a splash of Worcestershire sauce. Cooked for 25 mins at 175C in Halogen oven - maybe set it 180C in a conventional oven. I'm really pleased with the result - intense tasting mushrooms which virtually no calories!

You could of course add butter or oil if you wished. I'm think to use this as the basis for other ideas... Next time I will add more soy sauce/Worcestershire sauce.

fullsizeoutput_4023.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4022.jpeg

Could this be considered "en papillote"?

Chicken Kiev.

2 s.jpg

Depends how it was cooked.

Well it was initially fried in oil in the wok and then transferred to, and wrapped in, aluminium foil for baking in the halogen oven (10 minutes). It wasn't necessary to wrap it in foil but I thought it may then be considered "en papallote". Not that I'm bothered either way.

Well it was initially fried in oil in the wok and then transferred to, and wrapped in, aluminium foil for baking in the halogen oven (10 minutes). It wasn't necessary to wrap it in foil but I thought it may then be considered "en papallote". Not that I'm bothered either way.

I'm not sure... technically its probably not.

Back
Top Bottom