The CookingBites Prize Challenge: Moroccan Food

I went shopping and got all my ingredients today. The only thing I couldn't find was saffron

Wow, that's odd. Even regular grocery stores have some kind of saffron here. Whole foods or a similar type market should have it. It's kind of expensive and is sold in very small quantities to general public. Does your grocery sell Badia spices? If so, it's in a little clear plastic box surrounded by cardboard, sometimes hanging. Saffron has a very distinct flavor and can taste mediciney if too much is used. If the saffron is just being used for color, which I very much doubt, you can substitute turmeric. If you want, you can send me a link to your recipe and I'll look at it and tell you whether the saffron is for taste and color, or just color.

I found some!

20180728_135547.jpg

The recipe calls for 1/2 a teaspoon of the threads of saffron so do I dice up the threads into 1/2 teaspoon or just.... I don't know LOL

A very loose pack. Then just follow the directions for your rice recipe. If you are using the chicken recipe mentioned in the rice recipe, just crumble that saffron up between your thumb and pointer finger.

A very loose pack. Then just follow the directions for your rice recipe. If you are using the chicken recipe mentioned in the rice recipe, just crumble that saffron up between your thumb and pointer finger.

Thank you. I have a different chicken recipe that I'm using.

Back
Top Bottom