The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Bread

I think you did. Perhaps you could adapt it/develop it...

Not a lot you can do with it really and any major amendments could make a mess of the finished product. I'm not sure if it's my maternal grandma's recipe (she died in 1983 aged 93).

Leek, Mushroom and Cheese Bread Pudding

fullsizeoutput_34e2.jpeg

Fine with me. We hopefully will be able to do something else or 2. It's been a bad week or so here due to family stuff.

As requested the deadline for the challenge has been extended.The new deadline for entries is midday Sunday 8th July (BST) - its a long extension because @SatNavSaysStraightOn has a scheduled hospital stay coming up.

This gives us plenty of time for more entries using bread as an ingredient and perhaps some creative bread-making recipes too.

No, I mean crepes like the ones you roll up with some kind of filling, like a mousse or whipped cream or fruit as a sweet, or savory like with a cheese filling with a red sauce. Granted they are made with a batter, but so is banana bread, zucchini bread, etc.

No, I mean crepes like the ones you roll up with some kind of filling,
Yes - that is what I meant by pancakes. I often make them filled with savoury (spinach for example) and cover in a cheese sauce

Granted they are made with a batter, but so is banana bread, zucchini bread, etc.

Agreed but they result in a bread which can be cut like a loaf.

Of course - if you wanted something you could roll up that was bread you could make flatbread. Anyway - its up to @SatNavSaysStraightOn not me...

Back
Top Bottom