The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Butter

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
8:29 PM
Welcome to the CookingBites Recipe Challenge. Judge @The Late Night Gourmet who won the previous challenge has chosen butter and other cooking fats or vegan/vegetarian butters as the next ingredient.

TMBSTK_CookingFats_2017_C12_06_3b-800x450.jpg

To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe featuring butter, margarine, lard or other cooking fat as a new thread, tag it "CookingBites Recipe Challenge" and post a link to it in this thread.

The challenge will run for four weeks, ending at 12:00 GMT on 31st January.

Challenge rules and a list of previous winners and ingredients can be found here.

Last edited:
Lots of possibilities for nut butters (assuming they count ). Obviously peanut butter comes to mind but there are many other nut butters.

Lots of possibilities for nut butters (assuming they count ). Obviously peanut butter comes to mind but there are many other nut butters.
I love nut butters. My favourite are almond or peanut mixed with seeds. Has to be with no added sugar.

I'm researching making my own vegan 'butter' which can be done with coconut oil and vinegar and a few other ingredients.

I love nut butters. My favourite are almond or peanut mixed with seeds. Has to be with no added sugar.

I'm researching making my own vegan 'butter' which can be done with coconut oil and vinegar and a few other ingredients.

I'll be interested to see the recipe/results.

I can't include nut butters, because they have a fundamentally different primary use from dairy butters. While you can spread both on a slice of toast, when was the last time you melted peanut butter in a pan to cook an omelet? I don't think Jacques Pepin would approve. :cook:

I can't include nut butters, because they have a fundamentally different primary use from dairy butters. While you can spread both on a slice of toast, when was the last time you melted peanut butter in a pan to cook an omelet? I don't think Jacques Pepin would approve. :cook:

OK - I understand.

The big problem I'm having with this challenge is developing original recipes (which is my thing). Everything I can think of seems to have been done before! Anyway - the quest continues.

Back
Top Bottom