The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Butter

Cabbage Wedge Stuffed with Juniper Butter 'en Papillote'

fullsizeoutput_4073.jpeg

I had this idea. Is it possible to cook 'garlic butter bombs'? By this, I mean frozen garlic butter coated in some kind of batter or flour, eggs, breadcrumbs and then deep fried briefly so that the centre is liquid butter and the coating is a crisp shell. I'm sure there would be recipes for this somewhere if its possible but I'm yet to find them.

I'll experiment...

I had this idea. Is it possible to cook 'garlic butter bombs'? By this, I mean frozen garlic butter coated in some kind of batter or flour, eggs, breadcrumbs and then deep fried briefly so that the centre is liquid butter and the coating is a crisp shell. I'm sure there would be recipes for this somewhere if its possible but I'm yet to find them.

I'll experiment...

Deep fried Camembert is delicious. Don't know about butter though.

Russ

Have you seen recipes for deep fried butter? Though a garlic version sounds better. Like a vegetarian chicken Kiev.

Well that is what I was thinking of - I reckon it ought to work. I just couldn't find any existing recipes but perhaps I was searching the wrong terms.

Well that is what I was thinking of - I reckon it ought to work. I just couldn't find any existing recipes but perhaps I was searching the wrong terms.
If you have attended any State Fair on this side of the pond, you have seen these delights: deep fried butter on a stick.

6029236202_32dd334814_o.0.jpg

See how happy he looks! I'm interested to see what you can come up with that - ideally - won't prompt an immediate heart attack.

I'll experiment...

Paula Deen loved her butter and might have an old recipe for something like that. She would eat pieces of just butter.

Reminds me of a restaurant (long closed) that was famous for its buffet, actually a really decent one. They had usually 3 flavors of whipped butter piled high in large vases. It looked like ice cream.

@smellycat - I moved your recipe to start a Recipe thread (we ask that all recipes are posted as new threads so they are searchable). I've linked it back here. If you want it considered as an entry to the challenge then it needs to be tagged 'CookingBites Recipe Challenge'. If you need help to do this please PM me.

Back
Top Bottom