The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Celery

I spent a lot of time reviewing the recipes, making notes, waffling back and forth. I am still torn. All of these recipes are amazing. you have all demonstrated inventiveness, originality, visual appeal and the technical skills of a Master Chef. You all deserve congratulations.

Congratulations to the winner of the Cooking Bites Challenge - Celery @flyinglentris for Salmon Net Allumette. A Beautiful presentation.
:bravo:
Thank you all for participating.

Woa! I thought I'd done a good job of it, but didn't expect to be included in a group of Master Chefs for loving to cook.

Thanks to everyone who have been participating in the forum, this challenge and other threads. Thanks.

:cool: < That's modest me.

A worthy winner! I was impressed as well! Thank you for all your comments on the dishes @ElizabethB - and congratulations to @flyinglentris :woot:. Its over to you now @flyinglentris to choose a new ingredient and act as judge for the next challenge. You can see which ingredients people have chosen before in the top post of this thread. Just post your choice of ingredient here and we will set up the new thread. We have been allowing about 3 weeks for the challenge so that would mean a deadline somewhere around the 7th Feb.

Here comes the judge? Me? Now that's something I wasn't expecting. And I have to pick an ingredient for the next challenge? Now that really is a challenge. You all are going to have to give me a day or two to reflect upon that. I don't want to make things so that I am not challenged and I need to consider that availability of some things may not be the same in Europe as here in North America. Give me a day or two.

Thanks.

:bravo:@flyinglentris
Glad you showed back up. You get to choose the ingredient for the next challenge and judge the recipes. NOT an easy job. The :chef:s on this forum are AMAZING! They always come up with unique, inventive recipes.

Glad you showed back up. You get to choose the ingredient for the next challenge and judge the recipes. NOT an easy job. The :chef:s on this forum are AMAZING! They always come up with unique, inventive recipes.

OK. There are some things I had been thinking about trying. But some are limited in usage or scope, like Mache or are likely an expensive item, like Gran Marnier. So all right, we'll skip over those for possibles in this challenge.

I nominate for the next challenge ingredient .... Pomegranate.

They should still be available to all and will allow a wide variety and scope of culinary applications.

Can we go with Pomegranate?

It is your choice. Pomegranate sound like a very interesting ingredient challenge. Good job. You will be amazed by the inventiveness of the forum members. Prepare yourself for the very difficult job of judging recipes. Good luck and congratulations on winning a challenge so soon after joining the forum. We all look forward to your input, comments and recipes.

That will be fine. Can we include pomegranate molasses (one of my favourite ingredients)? :whistling:

As I have said, Pomegranate has a large scope of applicability, from eating the seeds raw to juice, to molasses, to ... (let me not steer people into things and let them come up with their own ideas). Pomegranate molasses is likely a well known use. Have you got a secret method for yours?

It is your choice. Pomegranate sound like a very interesting ingredient challenge. Good job. You will be amazed by the inventiveness of the forum members. Prepare yourself for the very difficult job of judging recipes. Good luck and congratulations on winning a challenge so soon after joining the forum. We all look forward to your input, comments and recipes.

I'll be looking forward to reading member contributions. Pomegranate is the next challenge. Go ahead and put it up.

That will be fine. Can we include pomegranate molasses (one of my favourite ingredients)? :whistling:

As I have said, Pomegranate has a large scope of applicability, from eating the seeds raw to juice, to molasses, to ... (let me not steer people into things and let them come up with their own ideas). Pomegranate molasses is likely a well known use. Have you got a secret method for yours?

I'll be looking forward to reading member contributions. Pomegranate is the next challenge. Go ahead and put it up.

Back
Top Bottom