The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Garden Peas

Potato, Pea and Dill Patties

20170705_112854.jpg

So decision time. It is proving difficult.

Contenders were:
@The Late Night Gourmet's Samosa Omelette (I love peas, potatoes and eggs)
@Yorky's Aloo Matar (the list of spices appeals to me)
@Elawin's Ouzi Easily adapted to being veggan
@classic33's Make-Ahead Pea Soup With Shallot, Lemon, and Parmesan (I like the simplicity of the dish and the fact it is easily reheated).
@morning glory's Pea, Spring Onion, Dill and Cheddar Quiche in a Herb Crust (I make quiches a lot, sometimes with herbed pastry but for some reason I have never combined them with either dill or peas)

However, a decision has had to be made and it has come down to a choice between @Yorky's Aloo Matar and @morning glory's Pea, Spring Onion, Dill and Cheddar Quiche in a Herb Crust, so by the tiniest of margins and because it is winter here not summer, congratulations need to go to @Yorky. Over to you Yorky.

Thank you for that SNSSO, I didn't cook it specifically for the challenge: the pictured dish was cooked a while ago. I must cook it again in the near future.

OK, I've revisited the ingredients set for the past challenges with a view to trying to find something different and come up with vinegar. Malt vinegar, distilled white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, red wine vinegar, white wine vinegar, rice vinegar, balsamic vinegar, black fig vinegar, or any other vinegar; the list is endless.

However, the vinegar must form part of the food not just be sprinkled on your fish and chips, etc.

vinegars 2 s.jpg

I thought MG would like the "free spoon".

Last edited:
Congratulations @Yorky. Its coincidental that you chose vinegar since this is currently the subject of a cooking challenge on another food forum. The first thing that come to mind is vindaloo!

Congratulations @Yorky. Its coincidental that you chose vinegar since this is currently the subject of a cooking challenge on another food forum. The first thing that come to mind is vindaloo!

That was the first thing that came to my mind also - however, for all my love of vinegar on chips, I'm not a great fan of vindaloo.

Chef talk which is currently "moving", and at times unavailable.

Back
Top Bottom