The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Limes

@medtran49: I want to dive into that meringue topping!
Mmm. Me too!

And in a nod to the lime challenge :
Peanut butter and Roses lime marmalade sandwich for my lunch today.

IMG_20180315_081735111.jpg

Verdict: Lovely!

I have my next "Lime" themed dinner already planned. I will work on the marinade tomorrow and cook it on SUN :)

Colleen says thanks to you guys btw :)

P'raps that should tell you that maybe your counter top is not the ideal background for food photos... :whistling:

Sorry - I know I shouldn't...
I do have some wooden tables that work better as a backdrop, but the light in the kitchen is better. If I could move a table into better lighting without waking up the whole house, I'd do it!

I do have some wooden tables that work better as a backdrop, but the light in the kitchen is better. If I could move a table into better lighting without waking up the whole house, I'd do it!
I know you are shooting at night, so difficult. How about using something on the worktop as a background - fabrics, chopping board etc.? I recently used the rather burnt underside of a baking tin as a backdrop for a rustic finish - it fitted the theme. Off topic I know... here is the photo:

20180311_131546 (1).jpg

One thing I know about you is that you are a creative thinker - so rustling up some creative backdrops you can place on the kitchen counter should be easy for you!

I've got the Tequila Lime (and Coriander) Chicken marinating overnight. Tomorrow it will make an entry, I hope!

Why is coriander getting second billing?

I have to dig out and make my version of Limey Thymey Chicken Piccata.

The limes replace the lemon, and fresh thyme gives it a nice, herbaceous extra flavour.

Why is coriander getting second billing?

I have to dig out and make my version of Limey Thymey Chicken Piccata.

The limes replace the lemon, and fresh thyme gives it a nice, herbaceous extra flavour.

It isn't really getting second billing. I put it in brackets to draw attention to it as an addition because the usual recipe doesn't contain it. Limey Thymey Chicken sounds good.

Back
Top Bottom