The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Limes

With @CraigC being the judge and choosing Limes as the ingredient, I'll admit that I was influenced to do this recipe by what I know of his Cajun appeals.

I call this Andouille Lime Bean Soup.

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/andouille-lime-bean-soup.12382/

AndouilleLimeBeanSoup.png

This is not just Cajun spicy, but nice and tart with a sweetness from the Limes (all four of them). I'll have to do this one again some time.

43EB0E59-ACDB-4D6B-A62F-C6806ED3B6F3.jpeg
FF8D8493-8E87-4A84-9509-8FD776B76539.jpeg

Lime Jaffa Cakes. Like I said earlier, I had plans for my lime marmalade. I've just linked the recipe (to the name) and now I’m just enjoying the fruits of my labor (one fruit, at least).

This seriously is a Jaffa Cake with lime flavor instead of Orange.

Last edited:
View attachment 14709 View attachment 14710

Lime Jaffa Cakes. Like I said earlier, I had plans for my lime marmalade. A recipe will be posted soon, but right now I’m just enjoying the fruits of my labor (one fruit, at least). This seriously is a Jaffa Cake with lime flavor instead of Orange.

Wow! I reckon the idea of a lime jaffa cake could catch on. I think you should think of a new name (not Jaffa) and patent the idea!

P'raps that should tell you that maybe your counter top is not the ideal background for food photos... :whistling:

The colour of my worktops is very plain and nondescript so it is ideal for a background for certain images.

However, I sometimes use the pine kitchen table or one of the kitchen chairs which is easy to relocate outside either onto the front or rear stoep (depending upon the time of day). I also have four different styles of place mats which I use. I used to have a large sheet of gray cardboard which was handy but it became stained in no time.

I was about to renege on this challenge because the price of limes here has escalated over the past week. However, a friend of my wife heard about my dilemma and sent me a few.

limes s.jpg

Hopefully, I shall get my arse into gear tomorrow.

I was about to renege on this challenge because the price of limes here has escalated over the past week. However, a friend of my wife heard about my dilemma and sent me a few.

Oh, and off topic - she also sent us five more ears of corn!

sweet corn 2 s.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom