The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Limes

Well...I don't envy Craig's task here: 5 days to go, and there are already 20 entries. You really picked a popular ingredient, @CraigC!

I'm glad I'm not judge on this. I haven't had time to go check out all the entries yet. I had 3 more in mind, but I'm dropping the last as it will be overkill since somebody else already did something similar. I want to put up unique recipes. So (2) more to go. I'll try to do them both today as one needs the other.

Pesto Lentriso

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/pesto-lentriso.12470/

PestoLentriso.png

I've had this sitting in the fridge for two days now ... settling in the flavor bite. I taste sampled it and it's hard not to just spoon it up. :woot: I just know that like a little kid, I'm gonna wind up licking the bowl on this one.

My last recipe will use this Pesto and I should get it done later today.

:chef::soup:

Yeah, I named it for myself this time. And the last one also.

This evening, I have zested (is that a word? 6 limes! There is a lovely variation in their hue.

IMG_20180328_215047419.jpg

IMG_20180328_234038.jpg

So far, I've now used 2 bags of limes. I have the juice of 3 in the fridge because everything seems to need more zest than juice.

Any ideas how to use it that doesn't also need zest?

This evening, I have zested (is that a word? 6 limes! There is a lovely variation in their hue.

View attachment 14997

View attachment 14998

So far, I've now used 2 bags of limes. I have the juice of 3 in the fridge because everything seems to need more zest than juice.

Any ideas how to use it that doesn't also need zest?
How about adding the juice to water for a refreshing early morning drink? Apparently, there are huge health benefits to doing this with lemon juice - the same should be true of lime juice.

Back
Top Bottom