The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Milk & Cream

Tonka Bean and Bamboo Charcoal Ice-cream (no churn)

fullsizeoutput_3269.jpeg

For some reason that first image looks more like a close up of the surface of your pure white milk jelly decorated with a pink rose coloured mould of something, rather than the actual link coloured milk jelly...
Its the same image as in the link... or was 'link' a typo for 'pink'. :scratchhead:They are all the same jelly.

Perhaps I should have shown the spoon cutting into it. I have one more mould left of it (different design) so I'll snap that later.

Thank you to everyone who were inspired by the milk challenge to share their recipes. Many ideas that I would never have thought of and good use of the various kinds of milk.
In no particular order, these are the recipes that particularly appealed to me.

Easy Microwave Chocolate Fudge
Light Caramel Sauce
Strawberry Bavarian Cream (without eggs)
Vegan Milk Pudding
A beef stroganoff experiment.

Chicken massaman curry
Pork Cream Stuffed Peppers

Cod with Parsley Sauce

Back shortly with the winner......

Last edited:
Thank you, thank you. We think it's a really good recipe because it tastes good and is pretty simple and quick to make for a curry. I hope anyone that tries it enjoys it as much as we did.

I'll be trying it - subbing tofu for 'the vegan one'. I'll report back!

If you need to see the ingredients chosen before they are all listed in the top post. Just post your new challenge ingredient here and we will start a new thread. Deadline is usually 3 weeks but its up to you really.

Okay, I guess we'll go with featuring sesame seeds and any of their products, such as oil, flour, tahini. They can be used in sweets or savories, and are used in a wide range of cusines, so hopefully we'll have some interesting dishes. Three weeks is fine with me.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom