The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Mint

I didn't conduct any judging last evening as I was slightly inebriated by midday GMT (I poured my first beer at lights out for the Japanese Grand Prix qualifying (12 noon here)).

Anyway, I'm fully compos mentis now (or as much as I'll ever be).

Right, the entries:

@The Late Night Gourmet - Tabbouli/Tabouli/Tabbouleh
@morning glory - Lamb with Mint, Lemon and Rosemary
@The Late Night Gourmet - Falafel Patties
@The Late Night Gourmet - Mojito
@morning glory - Mint Sugar
@morning glory - Grilled Figs with Crispy Bacon and Mint Sugar
@morning glory - Summer Squash Curry with Mint
@morning glory - Mango, Tomato and Mint Pickle
@Herbie - Apple and Mint Chutney
@Herbie - Vietnamese Summer Rolls
@Elawin - Cabbage and Mint Salad (Malfouf wa Na'na')
@Elawin - Spicy Potato and Lentil Patties

My favourites (at least "on paper") are the Falafel Patties, Squash Curry, Vietnamese Rolls (I'll get my wife onto this - she's pretty good at Viet rolls) and Potato and Lentil Patties.

However, it comes down to the two with Indian influence and of those I am choosing the Potato and Lentil Patties the late entry from @Elawin .

So take it away @Elawin !

Last edited:
Thank you! I've only just seen this, as I've spent most of the last few hours either asleep (after a harrowing trip to the supermarket), or watching motor racing :laugh:. I have chosen coconut as the next cooking bites recipe challenge. It can be in any form, but must be an actual ingredient as opposed to a topping. I shall leave it to the admins to set the finish date, but I assume it will be somewhere round about the 28 September.

An interesting choice of ingredient! I will be truly challenged (as will @Yorky, I believe) as neither of us are fans of coconut. This hasn't stopped me in the past!

Thank you! I've only just seen this, as I've spent most of the last few hours either asleep (after a harrowing trip to the supermarket), or watching motor racing :laugh:. I have chosen coconut as the next cooking bites recipe challenge. It can be in any form, but must be an actual ingredient as opposed to a topping. I shall leave it to the admins to set the finish date, but I assume it will be somewhere round about the 28 September.
You're a very deserving winner, Elawin!

Coconut is an interesting ingredient that I've only used for sweet applications, but this is an opportunity for me to expand into the savory realm.

At least it's an ingredient that I am able to obtain. These are next door.

cocunuts s.jpg

An interesting choice of ingredient! I will be truly challenged (as will @Yorky, I believe) as neither of us are fans of coconut. This hasn't stopped me in the past!
I have loved coconut practically from birth, ever since one appeared under the tree one Christmas in the early 1950s. I think I am addicted to it :laugh:. Funnily enough, I have only started using coconut milk recently, previously preferring to avoid recipes that had it in, I have now found out what I've been missing! [goes into the kitchen to get a Bounty bar out of the cupboard.....]

You're a very deserving winner, Elawin!

Coconut is an interesting ingredient that I've only used for sweet applications, but this is an opportunity for me to expand into the savory realm.
Thank you @The Late Night Gourmet Enjoy making savoury dishes - Like you, I have usually only had coconut in sweet dishes and only recently discovered the joys of cooking savoury foods with it.

Back
Top Bottom