The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Pasta

I use two cups all-purpose flour and two eggs. Make a well in the center of the flour, add your eggs & start incorporating the flour from the sides and you're good.

Thanks. You all are awesome. Then if I want to incorporate basil into it I'm guessing I would dice it up, and add it to the dough mixture?

I use two cups all-purpose flour and two eggs. Make a well in the center of the flour, add your eggs & start incorporating the flour from the sides and you're good.

It doesn't have to sit or anything? or am I mixing that up with bread lol..................uh oh, lol. I might be on the verge of losing my self entitled moniker "Prize Award Winning Home Cook" (I've been requesting my family address me like that. They have so far refused lol).

Thanks. You all are awesome. Then if I want to incorporate basil into it I'm guessing I would dice it up, and add it to the dough mixture?

Try this:

http://www.mangiabenepasta.com/pasta_herbs.html

I have an Imperia pasta machine. Bought it years ago. Check amazon.

Also go to Imperia.com. for the basics, etc.

You can cut the noodles/pasta by hand, as well. Fold the dough over on itself, after it's thinned out.

Try this:

http://www.mangiabenepasta.com/pasta_herbs.html

I have an Imperia pasta machine. Bought it years ago. Check amazon.

Also go to Imperia.com. for the basics, etc.

You can cut the noodles/pasta by hand, as well. Fold the dough over on itself, after it's thinned out.

Thank you Karen. I love pasta. This is exciting for me. I've never made it before. I briefly looked at the linked site. It shows putting the herbs into the dough whole. I was thinking of dicing them up and mixing them in. Ascetically, this is way better.

My pleasure. Give it a go and see what you think. I love pasta LOL.

@detroitdad Imprinted pasta is fun to make. I have a picture of some on here somewhere where I used edible flowers as well.

See my spinach garlic pasta thread. It tells you how to do it in the food processor as well. You can also chop the basil up finely in the food processor like I do the spinach. I use 2 cups flour and 3 large eggs.

It doesn't have to sit or anything? or am I mixing that up with bread lol..................uh oh, lol. I might be on the verge of losing my self entitled moniker "Prize Award Winning Home Cook" (I've been requesting my family address me like that. They have so far refused lol).

No - its not a bread dough with yeast that is going to rise, but its best to rest it in the fridge for a while (at least 20 mins) before rolling it out. I think you might be wise to try making the dough and rolling it by hand to practice before using the pasta machine. This will help you get a feel for it. Just make a small amount of dough to play around with.

Spaghetti with Girolle Mushrooms, Bottarga & Dill

fullsizeoutput_3978.jpeg

71DC5BA4-B441-40AD-9E88-2E863360DEE0.jpeg

Gnocchi Banderia Italia (Italian Flag Gnocchi)

This was several years in the making. I’ve always had this idea of making the colors of the Italian flag, although that idea has always been with pasta. I made the gnocchi with three parts rutabaga, and one part potato.

I blanched then chopped up spinach to make the green color. I added peas later.

My plan was to use sautéed and chopped peppadew peppers for the red color. But, it wasn’t nearly red enough, so I added tomato paste. Oven dried cherry tomatoes worked perfectly.

I considered leaving the white ( well, off-white) plain. But, instead I decided to roast garlic, and infuse the flavor that way. I sautéed some mushrooms to go with it.

Even though I arrange them to look like flag, I plan to enjoy the gnocchi with all the flavors intermingled.

Recipe posted!

Last edited:
View attachment 18863

Gnocchi Banderia Italia (Italian Flag Gnocchi)

This was several years in the making. I’ve always had this idea of making the colors of the Italian flag, although that idea has always been with pasta. I made the gnocchi with three parts rutabaga, and one part potato.

I blanched then chopped up spinach to make the green color. I added peas later.

My plan was to use sautéed and chopped peppadew peppers for the red color. But, it wasn’t nearly red enough, so I added tomato paste. Oven dried cherry tomatoes worked perfectly.

I considered leaving the white ( well, off-white) plain. But, instead I decided to roast garlic, and infuse the flavor that way. I sautéed some mushrooms to go with it.

Even though I arrange them to look like flag, I plan to enjoy the gnocchi with all the flavors intermingled. I will post the recipe, but it’s going to take some time to recover from the work that went into this.

Oh W l'italia @The Late Night Gourmet, that's so nice.

Even though I arrange them to look like flag, I plan to enjoy the gnocchi with all the flavors intermingled. I will post the recipe, but it’s going to take some time to recover from the work that went into this.

Well done! I'm glad to see the gnocchi worked out in the end.

Hello Participants.
I must admit that the recipes of each of you have impressed me. I always appreciate a good pasta dish - would you ever have said it? - and yours have been interesting and I'm sure, very good.

However, I am forced to choose only one. I particularly liked @medtran49 dish with her Spinach pasta with leeks and guanciale :okay:

Congratulations @medtran49, you are the winner!

Back
Top Bottom