The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Peppers

Maybe I shall prepare a Pisto Manchego which is similar to a Ratatouille and served with either with hard boiled egg slices on top in an earthenware or a sunnyside up egg. It is basically red bell, green bell or horn peppers, a dried crumbled chili pepper, courgette and auburgine roasted and onion, garlic, tomato and it is quite thick in texture .. Great for dipping some country rustic bread ..

Another alternative, is to stuff these gorgeous large red bells with Dill scented lemon Greek rice .. and bake them in oven ..

I shall see tomorrow as I am off all weekend ..

Have a lovely evening ..
Goodnight ..

Both sound very good! I look forward to your chosen dish.

Here is Stuffed Bells with Wild Mushroom Risotto with tiny pieces of wild uncultivated mushrooms in a vegetable broth that was used for moisture.

FRANCESCASTUFFEDBELLREDRISOTTOIMG-20170909-WA0005.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@morning glory

I am sorry but I am techi as a peanut so I do not know how to put the recipe info above the photo.

We shall actually eat this Sunday as the bells take 1 hour in oven for tender yet holding shape and a bit of char ..

And we were hungry at 15.30 so we polished off all the Risotto that did not fit into the two bells ..

Have a nice weekend ..

IMG_1811.JPG

Shoots & Leaves Red Curry

This is one of our staple dishes, taken many years ago from a Sunday Times supplement. The basic recipe is vegetarian (apart from the fish sauce), but we usually add some protein in the form of prawns, chicken, steak, or even roast beef leftover from Sunday. It packs a great punch, and has lots of crunchy texture with the bamboo shoots and peanuts, so you don't really miss having meat in it. The picture above was taken last night, and coriander was used instead of basil.

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/shoots-leaves-curry.10837/

@morning glory: you've been busy over the last 24 hours. Thank you so much for making my decision even more difficult than it already was!! :eek:

Well...the challenge has ended, and I now have a decision to make. I will post an answer by 2 p.m. EST or thereabouts, but the entries over the last week will make things much tougher than I thought they'd be a week ago.

It has been a bumper crop of entries - the quick way to view them on one page is to click on the Recipe Challenge tag at the top of this page.
Yes...I remember this trick from previous challenges. I'm impressed that, after a slow start, there were 18 entries to this challenge! Surely part of the reason for the tremendous volume is the extra 10 days we added to the deadline (due to a combination of holidays and technical issues). But, this just meant that we had 10 more days of great recipes! I'm now thinking it will be a bit later in the day than 2 pm EST, but I will post a winner on the 15th.

Back
Top Bottom